Trump Has Embarrassing Moment Boarding Air Force One
As US president, people are watching you all the time no matter where you go and at what time of day. So there’s little room for gaffes.
Yesterday, US President Donald had an embarrassing moment when boarding Air Force One. After attending a rally in Minneapolis, President Trump was headed to another event in Rochester, Minnesota. Upon exiting the presidential limo at Minneapolis-St. Paul (MSP) airport, Trump ascended the stairs of the Boeing C-32 with an extra addition to his outfit.
There appeared to be toilet paper, or a tissue of some kind, stuck to the bottom of the president’s shoe.
With his hoards of aides and secret service surrounding him constantly, it’s a bid odd that no one notified him before he got out of the limo that there was something attached to his shoe.
The aircraft Trump was flying on is not his main ride, the Boeing 747-200. This appeared to be what the Vice-President usually travels on, a variant of the Boeing 757-200. But whenever a sitting US president is aboard a jet, that aircraft is then designated Air Force One.
This isn’t the first time a US president has had an embarrassing moment on Air Force One’s stairs. In 1975, President Gerald Ford slipped down the stairs while deplaning in Austria on rainy day.
In July, President Trump authorized the $3.9 billion purchase of two new Boeing 747-8 which will become Air Force One aircraft. Trump also plans on changing the iconic color scheme of the presidential jet to an American flag themed red, white and blue.
Featured image by Joe Raedle/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees