The 15 best travel products you can buy at Barneys’ liquidation sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The end is near for Barneys, at least as we know it. In case you haven’t heard, the luxury retailer recently filed for bankruptcy and is in the process of liquidating inventory. While the closing of a massive retailer is never cause for celebration, the silver lining is there’s a solid sale as a result. If luxury goods (at a discount) are your game, get your wallets ready.
While the retailer has been discounting items for the past few weeks, markdowns are even steeper thanks to Cyber Monday. While virtually everything is at least 20% off, we’ve rounded up some of the best-travel related items you’ll find on sale. If you see something you like, we’d advise you to add to cart sooner rather than later. We’ve already seen a handful of popular brands sell out some or all of their products in the past few days.
But first, a few things to keep in mind:
- Everything is final sale, so you’ll want to use a credit card with purchase protection since the store won’t likely back you up if your item is damaged, broken or otherwise has problems.
- If you don’t have a card with purchase protection or simply aren’t worried about that, do yourself a favor and use the Chase Freedom (No longer open to new applicants), since you’ll get 5% cash back at department stores (or 5x points if you have the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or the Chase Sapphire Reserve) through the end of the year, up to a $1,500 quarterly cap, activation required.
- We always recommend using a shopping portal when shopping online, and Barneys is still on a few of those sites. For example, you can earn five British Airways Avios points per dollar through the BA shopping site.
- The prices are less than full price, but the site isn’t (yet?) to fire-sale levels, so just prepare for some lingering sticker shock on some items.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
To buy: $126, originally $175
There are plenty of cult-favorite Assouline coffee table books on sale. This one in particular, about the aforementioned luggage brand, Rimowa, would make a great gift for the traveler in your life. Ahem. Just remember, this is for travel inspiration. We’re not suggesting you actually pack the 191-page hardcover tome. In fact, please don’t.
To buy: $54.80, originally $80
Your passport case could use an upgrade. Consider this one cleared to fly.
To buy: From $39.60, originally $55
Your kids are going to be the *flyest* travelers on the plane in these classic low-top kicks.
To buy: From $72, originally $90
Do we really need to tell you that you should be flying in comfortable sweatpants? You should be flying in comfortable sweatpants. Bonus points if they’re stylish, like these.
To buy: $95.20, originally $140
Get these trendy, travel-friendly sneakers for a discount while you can. Now 20% off, the holographic leather accents will really pop when you’re walking down the airplane aisle.
To buy: $676.60, originally $995
It’s rare to see a Proenza bag selling for less than $1,000. This one is the perfect size to fit all of your essentials while you’re out sightseeing for the day.
To buy: $129.20, originally $190
We like the sound of “TSA-approved lock” and “360-degree wheels.” Especially when we’re talking about a 23-inch suitcase that’s more than $35 off the original price.
To buy: $340 originally $500
We all know a consultant who would love this sturdy black leather briefcase. Bonus points because it’s named after the pilot’s alphabet.
To buy: $425.60, originally $665
These ultra-soft taupe suede boots with tricolor laces would look good on your upcoming ski trip, don’t you think?
To buy: $129, originally $215
These Ray-Ban sunglasses would pair nicely with the aforementioned hiking boots. You’re now at least 50% packed for Aspen.
To buy: $368.55, originally $455
Your toiletries deserve to be stored in something clean, organized … and Prada.
To buy: $32.40, originally $45
This green face mask is one way to make sure no one sits next to you on your next flight.
To buy: $97.20, originally $135
Yes, it’s still pricey, but La Prairie products never go on sale, so we’d be remiss not to include. Or, you could just stock up on some others next time you fly Swiss first class.
To buy: $77.04, originally $107
This very-on-sale Chanel perfume not only smells good, but comes in a handy 3.4 ounce-size bottle. Translation: TSA-approved.
To buy: $47.52, originally $66
Now you can make your home feel (and smell) like a high-end hotel. Antica Famacista makes fragrances for some of the top hotels and airlines in the world, including Alaska Airlines, the Beverly Hills Hotel, Hotel Bel-Air and Four Seasons Anguilla.
Featured image by Ben Hider/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees