TPG’s guide to Amazon Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available.
This page includes information about Discover products that are not currently available on The Points Guy and may be out of date.
Cyber Monday is here and for many folks, Amazon will continue to be the No. 1 place to find a deal. Throughout the weekend and into Cyber Monday, TPG has been updating this guide with many Black Friday deals and now new Cyber Monday deals so you have quick access to all of the best money-saving promotions that Amazon has to offer.
Bookmark this page as it will serve as your one-stop-shop for awesome Amazon deals throughout the day. You’ll see everything from discounted gift cards, to bonus Amazon credits, to credit card-specific savings, points promos and a few Amazon products at discounted prices. If you want to see everything, you can browse all of Amazon’s Black Friday and Cyber Monday deals here.
Discounted Gift Cards
Third-party merchant gift cards are usually sold at a discount either during Black Friday flash sales or by applying a promotion code. For flash sale gift cards, you’ll want to act fast as the good ones disappear quickly!
The following gift card sale has ended.
On Nov. 29 and Dec. 2, Amazon will be discounting many of its third-party gift cards by 20%. On Cyber Monday, the discounted gift cards include: Applebee’s — On sale at 6:40am ET for Prime Members Build-a-Bear — On sale at 7:35am ET for Prime Members Apple Store & iTunes — On sale at 9am ET for Prime Members Firehouse Subs — On sale at 12:50pm ET for Prime Members Happy Eats — On sale at 3:15pm ET for Prime Members Children’s Place — On sale at 4:25pm ET for Prime Members Steak ‘n Shake — On sale at 5:35pm ET for Prime Members
You can purchase a handful of other gift cards at a discount by applying their respective coupon code. These are on sale until they sell out: T.G.I. Friday’s — $10 off a $50 gift card with promo code FRIDAYS Jiffy Lube — $10 off a $50 gift card with promo code JIFFY Rubio’s — $5.25 off a $25 gift card with promo code RUBIOS Fazoli’s — $10 off a $50 gift card with promo code FAZOLIS
Bonus Amazon Credit Promotions & Coupons
Some of the offers below are targeted, so you may or may not see them in your particular account. If you are not eligible, check to see if another household member has the offer available in his or her account.
- 25% off Amazon Devices: American Express Membership Rewards cardmembers can receive up to 25% off select Amazon Devices by applying just 1 Membership Reward point at checkout. Expires Dec. 31, 2019.
- Amazon Cash Bonus: Add $20 to your Amazon Cash account, earn a $5 bonus Amazon gift card
- Gift Card Purchase Bonus: There are a few different purchasing gift card offers:
- Amazon Reload: Reload your Amazon gift card with at least $100 in a single transaction and you’ll receive a $10 credit. This is for first-time users only. Expires Dec. 31, 2019.
- Amazon Photo App: Download the Amazon Photos App and, enable the Auto-Save feature and you’ll receive a $15 credit to use toward a $25+ purchase. Expires Dec. 31, 2019.
Credit Card-Specific Discounts
You’ll need to make sure to activate the offer to take advantage of the savings. Additionally, many of them are targeted offers.
- 4x Membership Reward points: Amex Offers is offering 4x points on all Amazon purchases, up to 1,500 points earned. Make sure to add the offer to your card prior to your purchase. Expires Dec. 31, 2019.
- $30 for Citi Credit Card Customers: Spend $50 on items sold and shipped by Amazon, and receive $15 off your purchase. You just have to redeem at least 1 Citi ThankYou point to receive the discount. Expires Dec. 31, 2019.
- $30 off for American Express Credit Cardholders: Use just 1 American Express Membership Reward point and receive $30 off a $60+ purchase. Applies to everything sold and shipped by Amazon, including gift cards. Expires Dec. 30, 2019.
$20 or 20% off for American Express Cardholders: Use just 1 American Express Membership Reward point and receive either $20 off a $100+ purchase or 20% off your purchases, up to $50 off. Applies to everything sold and shipped by Amazon, including gift cards. Expires Dec. 2, 2019.(This deal has expired.)
- $15 off for Chase Ultimate Reward Credit Cardholders: Use just 1 Chase Ultimate Reward point and receive $15 off a $60+ purchase. Applies to everything sold and shipped by Amazon, including gift cards. Expires Dec. 31, 2019
- $10 off for Discover Credit Cardholders: Use your Discover cash back toward your purchase and receive $10 off a $30+ purchase. Expires Dec. 31, 2019
$10 off for Discover Credit Cardholders: Use your Discover cash back toward your purchase and receive $10 off a $50+ purchase. Expires Dec. 2, 2019 (Note: You might receive a different targeted offer)(This deal has expired.)
Black Friday Amazon Discounts
10% off Amazon Prime Membership: Purchase a 3-month or 12-month Amazon Prime membership for yourself or as a gift and you’ll receive 10% off. This promotion is exclusively for Prime Members. Tip: Have a friend who already has the membership buy it for you and pay them back. Expires Dec. 2, 2019.(This deal has expired.)
Buy More, Get More promotion: Shop through the Amazon app on just Black Friday and receive up to $60 in credits for a future Amazon purchase. Expires Nov. 29, 2019.(This deal has expired.)
- $5 eBook Credit: Spend $20+ in eBooks and receive a $5 credit to use on a future eBook credit. Credits will hit your account within 2 days and have to be redeemed within 21 days. Expires Dec. 4, 2019.
- 10–20% Cash Back with your Amazon Credit Card: If you have the Amazon Prime Rewards or Amazon Prime Store card, you will receive an additional 5–15% back on select products on top of the 5% you already get back at Amazon by using your credit card. Expires Dec. 22, 2019. (Note: 10% back on select Amazon devices will run Nov. 28–Dec. 2, 2019)
- Amazon Devices: Up to 40% off all Amazon devices. Between Nov. 28 and Dec. 2, 2019, you’ll receive 10% back on select Amazon devices when using your Amazon credit card. (The Kids Fire tablet made the TPG list of 2019 family travel must-have gifts!)
- Amazon Music: $0.99 for Amazon Music unlimited for four months ($9.99/month thereafter)
- Kindle Unlimited: Three-month free trial (typically $29.97)
Discounted Travel Gear
Black Friday is a great time to get deals on travel gear. Keep in mind that many of these deals will go fast, so do not delay if you’re considering purchasing these items.
Lepow 15.6″ Portable Monitor: $129.99 (regularly $169, but there is a $40 off coupon)(This deal has expired.)
Apple MacBook 13″, 128GB: $649.99 (regularly $999)(This deal has expired.)
- Up to 30% off Samsung Tablets (This deal has expired.)
Apple iPad, 32GB: $249.99 (regularly $329) or Apple iPad, 128GB: $329 (regularly $429)(These deals have expired.)
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II Wireless Bluetooth Headphones: $279 (regularly $349)
Apple AirPods with Wireless Charging Case: $154.99 (regularly $199) and Apple AirPods with Charging Case: $139.99 (regularly $159)(These deals have expired.)
- Fire 7 Kids Edition Tablet: $59.99 (regularly priced at $99.99). If you purchase two you’ll receive $20 off your total purchase.
All-New Kindle + $5 eBook Credit: $59.99 (regularly priced at $89.99)(This deal has expired.)
Up to 25% off Garmin Watches and Handhelds(This deal has expired.)
First Aid 299 Piece All-Purchase First Aid Kit: $13.36 (regularly priced $16.82)(This deal has expired.)
Up to 45% off luggage from Travelpro, Delsey and Samsonite(This deal has expired.)
- American Tourister Fieldbrook Luggage: $119.99 for this five-piece set, 50% off (typically priced at $239.99)
- Travel Laptop Backpack: $23.09 for this anti-theft travel laptop backpack
Up to 40% off select Chromebooks(This deal has expired.)
- Up to 35% off COWIN Headphones (This deal has expired.)
- Sony Noice Cancelling Headphones: $278.00 (regularly $349.99)
Best Credit Card for Your Amazon Purchases
Like any other purchase, it’s important to use the best credit card for your Amazon purchase, especially during Black Friday. Amazon also makes it extremely easy for you to save your credit cards in your Amazon account so you do not need to re-enter the card information on every purchase, which will save you some time and allow you to grab some more Black Friday deals.
Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature
At first glance, Amazon’s own Prime Rewards card appears to be the most exciting option — and for most people, it is. The Prime member-exclusive no annual fee card, which is not to be mistaken with the basic Amazon Rewards card, offers an impressive 5% cash back on all Amazon purchases. You’ll get up to 20% back on select Amazon products when you use either the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature or the Amazon Prime Store Card, on select products through Dec. 22, 2019.
The biggest drawback is that the high return on spend is all the card really has to offer. While the card comes with purchase protection (it covers items up to $500 in value if they’re damaged or stolen within 120 days of purchase) and extended warranty protection, it doesn’t include important purchase benefits like price protection or return protection so it’s not ideal for large purchases. The other drawback is that you need a Prime membership to qualify, though with so many U.S. households already subscribed, that’s probably not as much of an issue.
The information for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa Signature card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Chase Freedom Unlimited
If you’re not a Prime subscriber and still want a solid return on your spend, your best bet would be to go with the Chase Freedom Unlimited. On the surface, the card simply earns 1.5% cash back on purchases. However, the return jumps to 3% in rewards when it’s paired with a Chase Sapphire Preferred Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve since cash back could then be converted to Ultimate Rewards points, and those are worth 2 cents each according to TPG’s valuations.
As a point of comparison, the Amazon Rewards card available to non-Prime members offers 3% back at Amazon.com and does not offer the same flexibility as Ultimate Rewards points, which can be redeemed through various airline and hotel transfer partners.
The Freedom Unlimited comes with the same purchase and extended warranty protections as the two Amazon cards, but again lacks price protection and return protection. Also, like the two Amazon cards, this one does not carry an annual fee.
Discover it Cash Back
Amazon’s Prime Rewards card isn’t the only one to offer 5% cash back on purchases — the no-annual-fee Discover it Cash Back does too, and doesn’t require you to be a Prime member. However, this earning rate is only available one quarter a year, which happens to be now. With the Discover it Cash Back, you can earn 5% cash back on up to $1,500 in purchases made in accordance with Discover’s 2019 cash back calendar after enrollment. Plus, 1% cash back on all other purchases. When Amazon is not a part of the quarterly cash back bonus category, you’ll only receive 1% back.
Earn bonus points on Amazon gift cards
Another good strategy to stack savings on Amazon during the Black Friday shopping season is to use a rewards card to stock up on some Amazon gift cards at a retailer that awards bonus points on one of your cards. If this sounds interesting, here’s some tips to earn 5x points on Amazon purchases.
Black Friday, and the surrounding days, can bring out some jaw-dropping Amazon deals. Keep checking this page throughout the week as we update it with new deals and offers.
Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate, this site earns from qualifying purchases.
Product prices and availability are accurate as of Dec. 1, 2019, at 3:15 p.m. ET and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on Amazon at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Featured image courtesy of Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees