This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
TPG is happy to announce that the Southwest Rewards Points Giveaway winners have finally been revealed. Twelve winners were chosen each day for 12 straight days in December to win 60,000 Southwest Rapid Rewards points — that’s 8,640,000 Rapid Rewards points cumulative.
Based on TPG’s valuations, each individual winner’s points are worth $900. What’s even more exciting is that these points will count toward Companion Pass eligibility, and we think this is one of the most valuable airline perks out there. Note: The 60k points will not be processed into the winners’ accounts until January 2019.
Thanks to everyone who participated in the giveaway, and congratulations to all of the winners. We loved reading your creative answers and seeing your pictures. A huge thank you as well to our partners at Southwest and Chase for making this such a great giveaway.
TPG staff will be reaching out to each winner individually with details in the next week, but if you see your name on the list below please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Day 1 Winners, 12/13 (ThePointsGuy.com comments):
Day 2 Winners, 12/14 (TPG Facebook page):
Day 3 Winners, 12/15 (TPG Twitter):
Day 4 Winners, 12/16 (TPG Instagram):
Day 5 Winners, 12/17 (TPG Lounge):
Kelly OConnor Opipari
Deanna Phillips Kristen
Day 6 Winners, 12/18 (TPG Instagram story/Facebook page):
Stacy McKinley Gerhards
John WhoDat Manshack
Whitney Franci Magnuson
Mary Caron Durost
Jennifer Fisher Gustafson
Day 7 Winners, 12/19 (Mommy Points Facebook page):
Debbie Villarreal Abeyta
Iliana D Blair
Day 8 Winners, 12/20 (TPG Family Lounge):
Ashley Weed Harnisch
Gregory C Kontos
Tara Williford Duke
Kim Ruth Nofel
Day 9 Winners, 12/21 (Brian Kelly’s Instagram):
Day 10 Winners, 12/22 (TPG email):
Dr James Arient
Day 11 Winners, 12/23 (TPG newsletter):
Day 12 Winners, 12/24 (TPG Instagram):
Featured Photo by John Gress/Corbis via Getty Images
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees