Southwest expands again, Delta offering targeted status challenges up and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Every weekend, we round up the top miles, points and travel news that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know:
The Dallas-based carrier plans new flights to Colorado Springs (COS), Colorado; Jackson, Mississippi (JAN); and Savannah, Georgia (SAV), by June 2021.
For a limited time, targeted SkyMiles members can enroll in a challenge to receive complimentary Delta Medallion status one tier higher than their equivalent status on another U.S. airline, up to top-tier Diamond Medallion status.
Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders will earn 3x on up to $1,000 in monthly grocery store purchases, while Chase Sapphire Preferred Card members will earn 2x on up to $1,000 in monthly grocery store purchases. This new bonus category starts Nov. 1, 2020, and goes through April 30, 2021.
California health officials finally released the state’s long-awaited theme park reopening guidelines. If Disneyland had any hopes of 2020 reopening, those hopes have probably been dashed with those announcements.
As part of AA’s change, the Fort Worth-based carrier is adjusting how many seats are available as upgrades, according to a carrier spokesperson. The adjustment will apply to both systemwide and mileage upgrades (and Business Extra ones too).
Hawaii reopened on Oct. 15 with a pre-travel testing option. Here’s what we know about traveling to Hawaii, and what you need to prepare for a successful trip.
United Airlines hosted The Commons Project Foundation to trial the CommonPass app on flight UA15 from London Heathrow (LHR) to Newark (EWR) on Wednesday. The flight was the first transatlantic test and the second globally.
Here’s how and why TPG’s Summer Hull ended up in an RV in the middle of one of the busiest campgrounds in the country.
Singapore Airlines said Tuesday that it will restart its nonstop service between New York and Singapore on Nov. 9, even as restrictions remain on travel to Singapore.
Southwest Airlines is seriously considering the Airbus A220 for its next new jet
Southwest, having flown the 737 nearly exclusively since 1971, may finally be ready to add a new aircraft type to its fleet. The airline is evaluating its next small jet — one seating around 140 to 150 passengers — and both Airbus A220 and 737 MAX 7 are on the list.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.