These Luxury Sleep Pods Are Coming to Airports Around the World
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Futuristic devices have been popping up at airports around the world recently to help travelers catch some decent relaxation before take-off. A European aerospace company, AirPod, is designing a private capsule unit to be installed in public places such as airports, train stations and shopping centers to provide people with a private resting space.
Equipped with Wi-Fi, Netflix and Amazon Fire TV, as well as air conditioning, power outlets, a working desk, alarm clock, flight status, noise reduction technology and privacy glass, these sleek pods are designed to give users a luxury place to relax while waiting for their next flight.
The AirPods certainly sound like a more lavish option for passengers killing time in the airport than the 7-foot glass boxes that New York’s LaGuardia Airport rolled out earlier this year as a private space for flyers without lounge access. The privacy booths are about as big as a bathroom stall and cost $30 to rent out.
The AirPods will take three types of payment: credit card, debit card, and a token system customers can purchase via the company’s website. Customers can rent a pod for about $18 per hour (depending on the airport) and can get a 10% discount for paying through the company’s token system.
The luxury sleeper pods are expected to be released in the fall of 2018 in 284 airports across the globe. The first ones will be installed in Europe.
Feature image courtesy of Airpod.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.