These Are the Weirdest Items People Left in Hotels in 2018
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you haven’t been paying attention, it’s been a weird year in travel. From live finches to drunk pilots, there have been a lot of things that regularly make us shake our heads in disbelief (but hey, at least it makes our jobs fun, right?).
Following suit, Travelodge, a budget hotel brand based in the UK, recently released a list of some of the weirdest things they’ve found in their hotels, and each one is more outrageous than the last. With more than 19 million people staying at its hotels throughout the year, there are bound to be some items that really catch your attention.
Some of the highlights? A brand new treadmill, a five-foot teddy bear made of popcorn, a brand-new ice cream van and a year’s worth of tax returns. A 21-year-old CEO even left behind his lucky penny, and someone else parted ways with a replica of Meghan Markle‘s wedding dress. Speaking of celebrities, one woman somehow forgot about her three Butterfly Tail Goldfish named Kim, Kourtney and Khloe — they allegedly travel with her to inspire her fashion designs… that is, when she remembers to leave the hotel with them. You can check out the more weird items people forgot about here.
The real question is how someone was able to fit an entire ice cream van in a room, but that’s a story for another day.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees