These Are the Weirdest Items People Left in Hotels in 2018
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you haven’t been paying attention, it’s been a weird year in travel. From live finches to drunk pilots, there have been a lot of things that regularly make us shake our heads in disbelief (but hey, at least it makes our jobs fun, right?).
Following suit, Travelodge, a budget hotel brand based in the UK, recently released a list of some of the weirdest things they’ve found in their hotels, and each one is more outrageous than the last. With more than 19 million people staying at its hotels throughout the year, there are bound to be some items that really catch your attention.
Some of the highlights? A brand new treadmill, a five-foot teddy bear made of popcorn, a brand-new ice cream van and a year’s worth of tax returns. A 21-year-old CEO even left behind his lucky penny, and someone else parted ways with a replica of Meghan Markle‘s wedding dress. Speaking of celebrities, one woman somehow forgot about her three Butterfly Tail Goldfish named Kim, Kourtney and Khloe — they allegedly travel with her to inspire her fashion designs… that is, when she remembers to leave the hotel with them. You can check out the more weird items people forgot about here.
The real question is how someone was able to fit an entire ice cream van in a room, but that’s a story for another day.
Featured image via Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.