The Fantasy Suite From ‘The Bachelorette’ Is Surprisingly Cheap on Airbnb
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’ve always wanted to vacation like a contestant on your favorite reality television show, this news is for you.
After a drama-filled, occasionally romantic and often cringe-worthy few months, we’re finally nearing the end of Season 15 of “The Bachelorette.”
Superfans around the country breathed a sigh of relief last week when (spoiler alert) season villain Luke P. left, and many viewers are still mystified when it comes to who Hannah Brown will pick as her (potential) future husband. All will be answered on July 29, and ABC is already taking applicants for next season’s run.
Unfortunately, not everybody can be a contestant (the casting process is famously rigorous). But that doesn’t mean you can’t travel like you are one of the most eligible bachelorettes or bachelors on television, because the windmill hotel from this season’s Fantasy Suites episode is up for grabs on Airbnb.
The so-called Rustic Traditional Windmill in Nikithianos, Greece, is currently listed for about $56 a night. While it’s not one of the mega-mansions or boutique bungalows posted on Airbnb Luxe, the one-bedroom, one-bathroom sleeps four and offers a seriously distinctive sleeping experience that goes beyond its place in Bachelor history.
Located about a mile away from the small Cretan village of Limnes, the windmill sits atop a steep hillside that offers guests optimal views of a nearby grove filled with olive trees. The property also features a cute little outdoor dining area, according to Lonely Planet, and currently has a five-star rating on the website.
Limnes is, admittedly, in a pretty remote area. Located just over six miles from Agios Nikolaos, the nearest airport is Heraklion (HER). Though this is the second largest airport in Greece by traffic, there are no direct flights available from the US. So, if you want to stay in the Rustic Traditional Windmill, your best bet is flying through Athens (ATH).
If you’re a Bachelor fan, you can reserve your stay here — and don’t forget to put your purchase on a great credit card for booking vacation rentals, including the Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x points.
Featured image courtesy of Airbnb.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees