Airbnb’s New Luxury Rentals May Be More Affordable Than You Think
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Get the image of a spare bedroom or pullout sofa out of your head. Airbnb is elbowing its way firmly into the luxury market.
On Tuesday, June 25, Airbnb released a new tier of properties that specifically caters to the upper echelon (otherwise known as the 1%) of travelers.
Aptly named Airbnb Luxe, the new product boasts luxury rentals and experiences that cost an average of $1,500 per guest.
This follows Airbnb’s acquisition of the luxury villa and home rental website Luxury Retreats two years ago — which, according to a statement from Airbnb, helped form the foundation of the high price tag collection of properties now known as Luxe.
Airbnb Luxe is launching with more than 2,000 handpicked homes around the world, “each one passing strict evaluation across 300-plus criteria” such as “rare and unique features” and “chef-grade appliances,” according to the statement.
Nick Guezen, Airbnb’s global director of portfolio strategy told USA Today that, “Only 5% of homes that applied made the cut.”
Properties are currently available across Europe, the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, the Caribbean, Mexico and Central America.
So, as expected with such a rigorous application process, Airbnb Luxe offers some jaw-dropping homes — with correspondingly outrageous price tags. With Airbnb Luxe, you can rent an island in French Polynesia (for $146,426 a night) or stay at an eight-bedroom ski chalet in Verbier with an indoor swimming pool for a cool $51,300 a night.
But even the rest of us can experience at least some of Airbnb’s ultra high-end properties. Here are eight of our favorite Airbnb Luxe rentals that won’t empty the bank account our require a second mortgage.
Priced at about $512 a night, this “Call Me By Your Name”-esque suite is romantic, cozy and privy to some breathtaking views of Florence. The one-bedroom suite accommodates up to two guests and has one bathroom.
Book this one-bedroom, mod property for a cool $446 a night. It’s just the right size for a couple looking for a weekend getaway or a honeymoon adjacent to Buckingham Palace.
We like a pool and a view, but we love a pool with a view. At this El Jobo villa in Costa Rica, up to six guests (sharing two bedrooms and two bathrooms) can get the best of both worlds for $412 a night.
Six guests can enjoy this three-bedrooms, three-bathroom apartment in downtown Los Angeles. For $510 a night, guests enjoy so more than just panoramic views of the city and access to a luxury hot tub and swimming pool. But those are definitely highlights.
All photos courtesy of Airbnb.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees