Targeted: Hilton credit cards offer a free night certificate after $8,000 in spending
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
One of the most valuable credit card perks in the world of points and miles is Hilton’s free night certificates. You can use them at just about any Hilton property — even the ones that cost up to 120,000 points per night. TPG estimates that Hilton points are worth 0.6 cents each, meaning these certificates can potentially be worth more than $700 each.
The problem is that there are very limited ways to earn these certificates. The only way to collect a handful is by spending — a lot. Here’s how to earn them:
- Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card: Earn one free night certificate after spending $15,000 in eligible purchases on the card in a calendar year.
- The Hilton Honors American Express Business Card: Earn one free night certificate after spending $15,000 in eligible purchases on the card in a calendar year. Earn a second night certificate after spending $60,000 in eligible purchases within a calendar year.
- Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card: Earn one free night upon opening the card and each year after your account renewal. Earn a second night after spending $60,000 in eligible purchases within a calendar year.
The information for the Amex Hilton Aspire has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
New to The Points Guy? Want to learn more about credit card points and miles? Sign up for our daily newsletter.
But here’s a bit of good news: Hilton is currently targeting Amex Hilton cardmembers for a free night certificate after they make $8,000 in eligible purchases, which can be used for any night of the week.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Spend $8,000 by Feb. 28, 2022.
- Limit of one promotional certificate per account.
- Fees or interest charges, cash advances, purchase of traveler’s checks, purchase or reloading of prepaid cards, purchases of gift cards, person-to-person payments or other cash equivalents do not qualify.
- Click the link provided in the marketing communication and sign onto your Amex account to see if you’re targeted.
Note that a handful of Hilton properties are excluded from weekend night certificates — you can see the full list here.
This is a nice promotion in exchange for simple credit card spending. Depending on the award price of the hotel at which you plan to use your free night certificate, you may effectively earn 10 or more points per dollar for your $8,000 in spending.
Don’t forget to check your accounts to see if you’re targeted for this promotion.
Additional reporting by Juan Ruiz.
Featured photo courtesy of Hilton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!