Earn up to 10 points per dollar spent this summer: Targeted Chase spend bonuses
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Editor’s note: This guide has been updated with the latest information.
Whether you’re traveling or not, credit card companies are looking to entice consumers to keep spending — both at home and on the road. And Chase has become one of the most proactive card issuers in announcing temporary card bonuses and benefits.
As we move into a busy summer season, spending on your credit card can still reap plenty of rewards thanks to targeted bonus offers. Below are all the ways to earn bonus points with Chase cards that we’re paying attention to right now.
Want more credit card news and travel advice from TPG? Sign up for our daily newsletter!
Limited-time bonuses: check if you’re targeted
Eligible cobranded Chase cardholders can earn 5 points per dollar on spending at gas stations, grocery stores and home improvement stores. These offers are valid through Sep. 30, 2022 and must be activated in advance to earn the bonus points. We have seen this offer on multiple cobranded credit cards, and the elevated earning rate applies to the first $1,500 in combined purchases across the bonus categories.
We are also seeing an additional bonus category on some United Airlines credit cards. Those targeted can earn 6 miles per dollar spent on United purchases, in addition to 5 miles per dollar spent on other travel, at gas stations and at grocery stores. This has the same limit of $1,500 in combined spending across all categories.
Finally, there’s a unique offer for those with the Chase Sapphire Reserve. Eligible cardholders can earn 10 points per dollar at Starbucks through Aug. 31, 2022. Note that this elevated earning rate applies only to the first $500 in eligible spending.
Check this link to see if any of your cards are targeted. You’ll need to check each card individually. Those on the list include IHG, Hyatt, Southwest and United Airlines cards. Not everyone will be targeted for every offer.
Reminder: other current offers
Remember that Chase Freedom (no longer open to new applicants), Chase Freedom Flex and Chase Freedom Unlimited cardholders can earn 5% back (or 5 points per dollar) on gas, car rentals and live entertainment in the third quarter (starting July 1, 2022).
And Chase’s partnership with Lyft isn’t new, but Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders can continue to earn 10 points per dollar on Lyft rides. Those with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card, Chase Freedom (no longer open to new applicants), Chase Freedom Flex, Chase Freedom Unlimited and all Ink Business credit cards can earn 5 points per dollar. This partnership has been extended through March 2025.
With a number of ways to earn bonuses across certain Chase cards, it is definitely worth a few seconds of your time to check your eligibility and to register. Remember to check each card individually and activate any available offers before spending in those categories.
Additional reporting by Liz Hund, Madison Blancaflor and Benét J. Wilson.
Featured photo by Leezel Tanglao/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees