Targeted Chase credit card spending bonuses: 5K Ultimate Rewards points, up to 10K Hyatt points and more
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Check your email — Chase cardholders are being targeted for spending bonuses on various cards, including The World of Hyatt Credit Card, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card.
Doctor of Credit reports that Chase Freedom Unlimited cardholders received targeted offers to earn 5,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points after spending $500 between Oct. 1 and Nov. 1, 2019. TPG values Chase Ultimate Rewards points at 2 cents each, so this bonus is worth $100. None of us here at TPG were lucky enough to receive that offer, but hopefully you are.
The Freedom Unlimited isn’t the only card in the Chase portfolio offering targeted bonuses. TPG Senior Points & Miles Editor Jasmin Baron received an offer to earn a total of 5x bonus Hyatt points per dollar on select bill payments with the The World of Hyatt Credit Card. The fine print says that it’s valid on the first $2,000 in purchases when you use the card to pay bills like utilities, insurance, phone service and internet.
Cardholders must register via the emailed link and complete the spending between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2019 to earn the bonus points. If you spend the maximum, you’ll earn 10,000 Hyatt points ($2,000 spending times 5x points per dollar). Hyatt points are worth 1.7 cents each according to TPG’s latest valuations, so this bonus is potentially worth up to $170.
Other cardholders have been targeted for 2,000 bonus Southwest Rapid Rewards points after spending $4,000 on their Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2019. TPG pegs the value of Southwest points at 1.5 cents apiece, so this offer is worth just $30.
A TPG reader shared with us that they received a targeted bonus of up to 10,000 Avios on their Aer Lingus credit card. This offer is also available on the British Airways Visa Signature Card and Iberia Plus cards. To get a bonus ranging from 2,000 – 10,000 Avios cardholders have to spend between $4,000 – $10,000 between Oct. 1 and Dec. 31, 2019. See the offer below.
To see if you’ve been targeted for any of these offers, be sure to check your email (including spam and promotions folder). If you’ve got one that we haven’t heard about yet, let us know in the comments.
Featured photo by Isabelle Raphael/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.