Lyft adds free Grubhub food delivery to Lyft Pink membership
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Lyft and Grubhub just announced a new partnership that adds a huge new benefit to Lyft Pink, the company’s subscription service. Starting today, Lyft Pink members have access to Grubhub+ and Seamless+ free of charge.
This subscription service waives delivery fees and offers exclusive discounts on the Grubhub and Seamless apps. In the past, we’ve seen discounts like $10 off after spending $100 on Grubhub offered to Grubhub+ members. This subscription usually costs $9.99 per month. Lyft Pink members can enroll in Grubhub+ benefits on the Lyft Pink page on the Lyft app.
For some background, Lyft Pink gives members up to 15% off Lyft rides, three free Lyft bike and scooter rides every month and other benefits. The subscription costs $19.99 a month. That said, Chase Sapphire Reserve Cardmembers get a complimentary year of Lyft Pink. Cardmembers must activate this benefit by Mar. 31, 2022.
This partnership is great news for Lyft Pink members. In addition to already lucrative benefits, access to free Grubhub delivery makes it the ultimate subscription service for urban dwellers. This is especially true during the coronavirus outbreak when Lyft Pink members may not be taking as many Lyft rides as usual.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our free daily newsletter.
A closer look at Grubhub+
As discussed, Grubhub+ is a $9.99 per month food delivery subscription that includes free delivery and other benefits. These include:
- VIP access to customer service in the event of delays or other issues.
- Access to exclusive rewards.
- Donation-matching through Donate the Change on all Grubhub+ orders.
Likewise, New Yorkers have access to Seamless+ on the Seamless app. These benefits are virtually the same as Grubhub+ but apply to orders made on the Seamless app or website.
This benefit makes the Sapphire Reserve even more valuable
Chase Sapphire Reserve includes a complimentary year of Lyft Pink (extended by five months if you enroll by Oct. 31). With that in mind, Lyft Pink’s new Grubhub+ benefits make the card even more powerful, especially when since it already comes with a DoorDash DashPass membership. Sapphire Reserve cardmembers now get free delivery from two of the largest food delivery services, so they’ll rarely pay delivery fees.
In addition, the card earns 3x Ultimate Rewards points per dollar spent on travel and dining. The dining category includes food delivery ordered through major food delivery apps like Grubhub. Even better, the card offers 50,000 bonus points after spending $4,000 on the card in the first three months of account opening. This is worth $1,000 per TPG’s most recent valuation.
Lyft and Grubhub’s new partnership is great news for Lyft Pink members and those with a Chase Sapphire Reserve card. This new partnership makes it clear that Lyft values its Lyft Pink members even when they may not be taking as many rideshare rides as they normally would during the pandemic. Make sure to enroll in Grubhub+ benefits on the Lyft app before making your next food delivery order.
I’m a member of both Lyft Pink and Grubhub+, so I’m excited to trim a subscription service from my monthly payments. I really hope that we see more of these brand crossover partnerships in the future.
Photo by Michael Vi/Shutterstock
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.