Take a Tour of the Biggest Cruise Ship in the World
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Royal Caribbean is rolling out the largest ever cruise ship tomorrow. Not only is it the largest cruise-liner, but it’s also actually the biggest ship in the entire world. The Symphony of the Seas will depart on its inaugural journey tomorrow with Barcelona in its sights.
Royal Caribbean released a wild video today showing off Symphony. The minute-and-a-half clip reveals the true size and scope of the ship that weighs 228,081 gross tons and measures in at a whopping 1,188 feet.
The hyperlapse takes us through the ship’s abundance of restaurants, multiple water slides, theaters and even zip-line. You’ll get a peek at the massive two-floor Ultimate Family Suite, and everyone knows that a ship isn’t complete without a robot bartender…
The Symphony of the Seas is slightly larger than its predecessor, Harmony of the Seas, which was delivered to Royal Caribbean in 2016. Symphony has 2,759 staterooms and a maximum capacity of 6,680 guests and an additional 2,200 crew.
The boat will return from the Mediterranean to Florida in the fall, serving trips to Caribbean destinations. Remember that it is possible to book cruises with points and miles, meaning it might be feasible to book a trip on the Symphony with points (note that you might not be getting the best value from your points when redeemed this way).
Featured image and video courtesy of Royal Caribbean.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees