This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Royal Caribbean is rolling out the largest ever cruise ship tomorrow. Not only is it the largest cruise-liner, but it’s also actually the biggest ship in the entire world. The Symphony of the Seas will depart on its inaugural journey tomorrow with Barcelona in its sights.
Royal Caribbean released a wild video today showing off Symphony. The minute-and-a-half clip reveals the true size and scope of the ship that weighs 228,081 gross tons and measures in at a whopping 1,188 feet.
The hyperlapse takes us through the ship’s abundance of restaurants, multiple water slides, theaters and even zip-line. You’ll get a peek at the massive two-floor Ultimate Family Suite, and everyone knows that a ship isn’t complete without a robot bartender…
The Symphony of the Seas is slightly larger than its predecessor, Harmony of the Seas, which was delivered to Royal Caribbean in 2016. Symphony has 2,759 staterooms and a maximum capacity of 6,680 guests and an additional 2,200 crew.
The boat will return from the Mediterranean to Florida in the fall, serving trips to Caribbean destinations. Remember that it is possible to book cruises with points and miles, meaning it might be feasible to book a trip on the Symphony with points (note that you might not be getting the best value from your points when redeemed this way).
Featured image and video courtesy of Royal Caribbean.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees