Take a Tour of the Biggest Cruise Ship in the World
Royal Caribbean is rolling out the largest ever cruise ship tomorrow. Not only is it the largest cruise-liner, but it’s also actually the biggest ship in the entire world. The Symphony of the Seas will depart on its inaugural journey tomorrow with Barcelona in its sights.
Royal Caribbean released a wild video today showing off Symphony. The minute-and-a-half clip reveals the true size and scope of the ship that weighs 228,081 gross tons and measures in at a whopping 1,188 feet.
The hyperlapse takes us through the ship’s abundance of restaurants, multiple water slides, theaters and even zip-line. You’ll get a peek at the massive two-floor Ultimate Family Suite, and everyone knows that a ship isn’t complete without a robot bartender…
The Symphony of the Seas is slightly larger than its predecessor, Harmony of the Seas, which was delivered to Royal Caribbean in 2016. Symphony has 2,759 staterooms and a maximum capacity of 6,680 guests and an additional 2,200 crew.
The boat will return from the Mediterranean to Florida in the fall, serving trips to Caribbean destinations. Remember that it is possible to book cruises with points and miles, meaning it might be feasible to book a trip on the Symphony with points (note that you might not be getting the best value from your points when redeemed this way).
Featured image and video courtesy of Royal Caribbean.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.