This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Royal Caribbean is rolling out the largest ever cruise ship tomorrow. Not only is it the largest cruise-liner, but it’s also actually the biggest ship in the entire world. The Symphony of the Seas will depart on its inaugural journey tomorrow with Barcelona in its sights.
Royal Caribbean released a wild video today showing off Symphony. The minute-and-a-half clip reveals the true size and scope of the ship that weighs 228,081 gross tons and measures in at a whopping 1,188 feet.
The hyperlapse takes us through the ship’s abundance of restaurants, multiple water slides, theaters and even zip-line. You’ll get a peek at the massive two-floor Ultimate Family Suite, and everyone knows that a ship isn’t complete without a robot bartender…
The Symphony of the Seas is slightly larger than its predecessor, Harmony of the Seas, which was delivered to Royal Caribbean in 2016. Symphony has 2,759 staterooms and a maximum capacity of 6,680 guests and an additional 2,200 crew.
The boat will return from the Mediterranean to Florida in the fall, serving trips to Caribbean destinations. Remember that it is possible to book cruises with points and miles, meaning it might be feasible to book a trip on the Symphony with points (note that you might not be getting the best value from your points when redeemed this way).
Featured image and video courtesy of Royal Caribbean.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards