Take a Look Inside the World’s Largest Cruise Ship’s Most Expensive Suite
The world’s largest cruise ship, Symphony of the Seas, is setting sail on its maiden voyage this week, departing out of Barcelona on Friday.
The brand-new Royal Caribbean Oasis-class vessel beat out sister ship Harmony of the Seas as the current world-record holder for largest cruise ship, also owned by Royal Caribbean. The newly commissioned ship cost $1.35 billion to build, making it the most expensive cruise ship ever created.
Passengers on board the 228,081-ton ship have the opportunity to experience a number of other superlatives as well: The 1,188-foot-long ship has a maximum capacity of 6,680 guests across 2,759 staterooms, with 2,200 crew.
But the most luxurious experience on board the world’s most superlative ship will undoubtedly be the Ultimate Family Suite. The most expensive room on board offers up a whopping 1,346 square feet of space, spread out across two levels of the ship. The suite also offers ping-pong and air hockey tables, as well as a slide between the two floors for a fun, quicker way to get downstairs.
(It’s not the largest suite on a cruise ship, however: Norwegian offers megasuites that measure a whopping 6,694 square feet.)
Parents can relax in the full-size whirlpool hot tub on the balcony which offers private views of the ocean, while kids can veg out in the 3D cinema room with a popcorn machine, or play for hours with the Lego wall in the suite. There’s no need to interact with anyone else on board: The suite, which can sleep up to eight, comes with its own private butler.
The “ultimate” family experience begins at $50,000 for a family of four over a seven-day cruise: A hefty chunk of cash, to be sure, but one that potentially could be a gold mine of points-earning potential.
The Symphony of the Seas will sail across the Mediterranean this summer, with stops in Spain, France and Italy. Come November, the ship will make its way to Miami for Caribbean-bound routes.
This story and headline were updated to reflect that the Ultimate Family Suite is not currently the largest suite on a cruise ship.
All photos courtesy Royal Caribbean
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees