Check out these fancy new ski lifts coming to a popular Maine resort
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’re getting a sneak peek at some pretty fancy new ski lift chairs that may be here in time for ski season 2022.
The Maine ski resort Sunday River is building the next generation of ski lifts to debut sometime in 2022. The resort, in a press release, is calling it the “Jordan-8,” and is describing it as “one of the most advanced chairlifts in the world, and the fastest 8-person chairlift in North America.”
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The lift chairs will have ergonomic heated seats, and weather-blocking bubbles the resort calls their “signature Sunday River Red bubble.”
Sunday River is one of the largest ski areas in the Northeast, and is in the middle of a massive growth plan they are calling “Vision 2030.”
It includes plans to upgrade their snowmaking operations, additional land purchases including a golf club and new condo developments. Already, the resort features eight peaks to ski.
Sunday River has much more than just skiing. It’s one of our favorite family-friendly resorts. They also offer ice skating, tobogganing, and even dog sledding. There are also magic shows, live music and lots of other events depending on the time of year you go.
Right now, for example, they are celebrating fall colors with a series of events including gondola rides, “Take in views of the foliage from high above with a scenic chairlift ride on the resort’s Chondola (gondola).”
If you want to go
Sunday River is just about 75 miles from Portland International Jetport (PWM).
If you’d rather use points, you can stay at Hampton Inn in Oxford is about a 50-minute drive away. Points redemptions start at 27,000 Hilton Honors points. Cash prices in December are about $115 a night.
Featured image courtesy Sunday River.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees