Check out these fancy new ski lifts coming to a popular Maine resort
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
We’re getting a sneak peek at some pretty fancy new ski lift chairs that may be here in time for ski season 2022.
The Maine ski resort Sunday River is building the next generation of ski lifts to debut sometime in 2022. The resort, in a press release, is calling it the “Jordan-8,” and is describing it as “one of the most advanced chairlifts in the world, and the fastest 8-person chairlift in North America.”
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The lift chairs will have ergonomic heated seats, and weather-blocking bubbles the resort calls their “signature Sunday River Red bubble.”
Sunday River is one of the largest ski areas in the Northeast, and is in the middle of a massive growth plan they are calling “Vision 2030.”
It includes plans to upgrade their snowmaking operations, additional land purchases including a golf club and new condo developments. Already, the resort features eight peaks to ski.
Sunday River has much more than just skiing. It’s one of our favorite family-friendly resorts. They also offer ice skating, tobogganing, and even dog sledding. There are also magic shows, live music and lots of other events depending on the time of year you go.
Right now, for example, they are celebrating fall colors with a series of events including gondola rides, “Take in views of the foliage from high above with a scenic chairlift ride on the resort’s Chondola (gondola).”
If you want to go
Sunday River is just about 75 miles from Portland International Jetport (PWM).
If you’d rather use points, you can stay at Hampton Inn in Oxford is about a 50-minute drive away. Points redemptions start at 27,000 Hilton Honors points. Cash prices in December are about $115 a night.
Featured image courtesy Sunday River.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.