St. Kitts and Nevis crack down on travelers, will only allow fully vaccinated visitors
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Featured image by: NAPA74/Getty Images
If you want to go visit the dual-island nation of St. Kitts and Nevis, you better make sure you get your vaccine shots. The popular Caribbean destination has implemented tough new safety protocols after discovering a cluster of new COVID-19 cases. It had previously reopened to tourists back in October.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
As of May 29, only fully-vaccinated travelers (having received their shots at least two weeks from their travel) will be allowed to clear customs. Aside from uploading a vaccination card, visitors will need to show proof of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of travel to the twin-island nation, as well as complete a Travel Authorization Form. Rapid COVID tests will not be accepted.
All tourists who clear those hurdles will then have to “vacation in place” at an approved hotel for nine days. If the visit is longer than nine days, you will have to take another COVID test, at your own expense. If that test comes back negative, then you will be free to move about the island and go to the beaches, shops and restaurants. Another new restriction put in place is an island-wide curfew from 11pm-5am.
Vaccinated travelers can visit the island federation with unvaccinated minor children. However, keep in mind that a family staying 10 days or more will have to “vacation in place” until day 14, when the child/children will be tested. Vaccinated parents traveling with a non-vaccinated child will not be allowed to integrate into the twin-island nation until after the child is tested on day 14 and the test results come back negative.
Approved hotels for international travelers include these three hotels in St Kitts: The Marriott Vacation Beach Club, the Park Hyatt St Kitts and the Royal St Kitts Hotel.
Related: A guide to Caribbean re-openings
Approved hotels in Nevis include: The Four Seasons Nevis; the Golden Rock Inn; Paradise Beach and the Montpelier Plantation and Beach. Travelers who want to stay at a private rental home or condo will have to obtain pre-approval from the government.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees