Spirit Airlines is adding another new city to its route map
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Spirit Airlines’ route-map expansion continues.
On Wednesday, the Miramar, Florida-based carrier announced that it’ll soon touch down in Manchester, New Hampshire (MHT). Daily flights to both Fort Lauderdale (FLL) and Orlando (MCO) will take off on Oct. 7.
Later this year, Spirit will add flights from MHT to two more Florida destinations, Fort Myers (RSW) and Tampa (TPA), on Nov. 17 and Nov. 18, respectively.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
Manchester marks the eleventh new city that Spirit has added in the past year. The carrier’s low-cost, leisure-focused business model has allowed the airline to expand rapidly, despite the ongoing pandemic. Two of the demand segments that have recovered fastest during the past few months including leisure flyers looking for outdoor-friendly escapes and those planning trips to visit family and friends.
With Spirit’s new service, local New Hampshire-based flyers finally have some good news. The airport is currently served by American, Southwest and United, and has seen declining passenger numbers for more than 15 years. Delta last served the market in May 2020, before suspending its three routes (to Atlanta, Detroit and New York/LaGuardia) altogether due to the pandemic.
Spirit’s flights to both Fort Lauderdale and Fort Myers won’t face any competition. Southwest, however, already flies to both Orlando and Tampa.
The move to add flights to Manchester joins Spirit’s existing service from Boston (BOS), the region’s largest airport, located just about an hour drive from MHT. Cirium schedules show that Spirit is planning over 15 daily flights to more than ten destinations from Boston in the fall and winter of this year.
In recent weeks, Spirit has added a slew of new destinations and added frequencies, including flights to Louisville (SDF) and St. Louis (STL). The carrier also jolted the industry when it announced that it would enter Miami with 30 routes, quickly becoming the second-largest carrier at one of the nation’s largest airports.
Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees