Spice up Your Life: The Actual Bus From ‘Spice World’ Is Now an Airbnb
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Spice Girls stans, we have some good news. To celebrate the iconic girl band’s return to the stage (sans Posh, unfortunately), the actual bus from the 1997 film “Spice World” has been converted into a stylish Airbnb — and it’s taking reservations for $130 per night.
Can anybody say zig-ah-zig-ah?
Stationed at Wembley Park in London, the exterior of the double-decker tour bus is still outfitted in its original Union Jack colors just like in the film. Guests are not allowed to drive the bus, and it must stay parked at Wembley. However, the listing does come with 24-hour security stationed just outside.
The interior of the bus has been retrofitted into a contemporary apartment space. “I’m a huge fan of the band and have tried to include as many little touches as possible inspired by the girls and their music, to make the inside just as iconic as the outside,” writes the Airbnb host on the listing’s description.
Some of those little, Spice Girls touches include a basket of scrunchies, decorative disco balls, animal print carpet, a neon sign that reads “Girl Power” and an array of throwback magazines and CDs. The Airbnb host also encourages guests to embrace the funky, 90s spirit of the Spice Girls during their stay. Like, it’s time to break out your all-denim outfit, your sky-high platform boots and the tattoo chokers you’ve hidden (likely in shame) in the back of your closet. However, unfortunately for more hardcore Spice World aficionados, the ceiling swing, stationary bike, bean bag chairs and mini fashion runway have been swapped out.
As for the rest of the two-floor apartment, the space sleeps three guests (one queen bed and a day bed), temporary bathroom located a few steps outside the bus, complimentary water and snacks and 24-hour security during the stay. Kids only over 12 are permitted to stay in the Spice World bus, and height restrictions are about 1.7 metres (5’6 feet) so if you consider yourself tall — watch your head.
The first bookable dates for the Spice Bus will go live on Airbnb May 22 at 8 a.m. BST for June 14 and 15. However, INSIDER reported that since the host is anticipating the listing to be extremely popular — additional dates will be added as well. The bookings will cost £99 or $128 per night. Book here.
In addition to spicing up your life — wanna spice up your points and miles game? Make your reservation with a card that earns you bonus points on Airbnb bookings, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x points) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x points). For more info on the best credit cards for Airbnb, check out our guide here.
Featured image courtesy of Airbnb.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees