Southwest is bringing peanuts back — but you won’t find them on planes
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When Southwest broke up with inflight peanuts last summer, the airline stated that peanuts “forever will be part of Southwest’s history and DNA.”
The LUV carrier — alongside several other airlines — stopped serving America’s favorite sky snack out of deference to travelers with peanut allergies, opting instead for pretzels on short flights and a larger variety of packaged treats for longer-haul routes.
A scant 16 months later, Southwest peanuts are back — but not on board, and not for free. Instead, Southwest is offering an entire slew of peanut-related merchandise through the airline’s online store. (Did you know the airline had a store? I did not.)The star of the peanut gallery is a limited edition, retro-inspired lunchbox for $29, which is currently on back order. The product description states that each box is double-sided with images of the original lightly salted and honey roasted peanut packaging, and contains two 10-ounce packages, one in each flavor.
But that’s not all: You could also snuggle up with a double-sided print pillow featuring both peanut flavors for $29; charge your mobile devices on a $19 2,500 mAh power bank that’s “wrapped” in packaging to look like a pack of peanuts (or buy a pack of 10 for $190); or store your ID and change in a $9 zippered pouch. You can even burp your baby on a $9 peanut-shaped burp cloth, printed in a cheery shade of Southwest blue with red and yellow planes printed on it.
Now, the only question is: What are you waiting for? Go nuts!
Featured photo courtesy of the Southwest Store.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees