Singapore Airlines to Give Singapore-Changi Lounges a Major Facelift
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Singapore Airlines has announced plans to overhaul business and first class lounges at the airline’s main hub at Singapore Changi Airport (SIN). Estimated to cost upward of $37 million, the renovations will modernize the premium lounges and expand capacity by up to 30%.
According to a press release, renovations will begin in August 2019. The process of updating Singapore Airlines’ three Changi T3 lounges will take around two years, with renovations expected to wrap up in mid-2021.
The following Singapore Airlines lounges at Singapore Changi Airport (SIN) will receive a major face-lift:
- The Private Room — Terminal 3 (Located within The First Class Lounge)
- SilverKris The First Class Lounge — Terminal 3
- SilverKris Business Class Lounge — Terminal 3
- KrisFlyer Gold Lounge — Terminal 3
Upon completion, passengers can expect updated and more modern lounges as well as improved amenities. Here are the plans for each lounge as outlined by Singapore Airlines:
The Private Room
Singapore Airlines’ The Private Room is the airline’s most luxurious and exclusive space for premium travelers. The Private Room is accessible to departing passengers who are booked in First Class or First Class Suites on a three-cabin aircraft operated by Singapore Airlines. The Private Room is located within The First Class Lounge and offers luxe restaurant-style dining.
Renovations will modernize The Private Room and enhance dining options. According to the press release, passengers visiting The Private Room can expect “an enhanced epicurean journey with fresh and seasonally curated dining offerings, on top of the perennial local favorites.”
SilverKris First Class Lounge
The First Class Lounge, like The Private Room, is quite exclusive, with access restricted to passengers traveling in first class on Singapore Airlines and select Star Alliance partner flights.
Renovations will modernize The First Class Lounge and improve the amenities offered to travelers. Both The First Class Lounge and The Private Room will receive “carefully designed luxurious and intimate seating spaces suitable for both work and rest,” according to the airline. Additionally, food and beverage in The First Class Lounge will also be improved.
SilverKris Business Class Lounge
Accessible to business class passengers flying on Singapore Airlines and eligible Star Alliance partner flights, the massive SilverKris Business Class Lounge is set to receive upgrades and an increase in capacity.
The updated Business Class Lounge will be expanded and feature “four distinct zones that cater to travelers with different needs.” For example, travelers with a brief connection can grab a snack at the lounge in a “relaxed cafe setting.” Or, travelers with longer connections can visit the lounge and enjoy a “full selection of Asian and international cuisines in the dining hall.” The dining hall will also offer live action stations cooking up local cuisine.
The airline noted that the highlight of the updated Business Class Lounge will be the new full-service bar that doubles as a self-service breakfast station in the mornings. Other existing amenities including semiprivate work pods and chaise lounges for extended rest will receive updates.
KrisFlyer Gold Lounge
Singapore Airlines’ KrisFlyer Gold Lounge is accessible to Star Alliance frequent flyers with Gold status. Additionally, the lounge is accessible to KrisFlyer Gold elite frequent flyers.
The KrisFlyer Gold Lounge in Terminal 3 appears to be the lounge receiving the most extensive renovations. Renovations will double capacity at the lounge, add new dedicated work stations, increase the size of the al fresco dining area, and equip the lounge with restrooms and showers.
While the renovations will greatly enhance the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge, eligible travelers will likely find the updated SilverKris Business Class Lounge still offers a more premium experience.
“With extensive research and feedback garnered from our customers, we have relooked and re-envisioned our customer journey to develop this new design concept for our lounges at T3. Keeping the needs and wants of our customers in mind, we aim to deliver an experience that exemplifies the luxury and warm hospitality that SIA is known for,” Senior Vice President Customer Services & Operations Marvin Tan said.
In terms of timeline, the SilverKris Business Class Lounge will be the first space to undergo renovations. The SilverKris First Class Lounge and The Private Room will follow, with the KrisFlyer Gold Lounge being the last lounge to undergo renovations.
Unfortunately, the renovations will likely inconvenience travelers while being completed: Singapore Airlines has already posted a link on its site advising passengers at its Terminal 3 lounges to consider alternate lounges.
Singapore Airlines plans to offer temporary lounges during renovations to “ensure minimal disruption.”
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image courtesy of Singapore Airlines
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees