Limited Time: Earn 1,000 Bonus Miles at 3 Different Airline Shopping Portals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Even though the holidays are over, new lucrative shopping portal bonuses make bonus points and miles easy to come by.
Shopping portals dole out miles for purchases at hundreds of retailers. And as of Wednesday, three major airline portals have increased bonuses when shopping at any in-network store.
You can earn up to 1,000 bonus miles with Alaska, American and United after shopping through any of their portals. The best part is, these miles are in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent.
These promotions run through Jan. 10, and if you hit one bonus, you can take advantage of another bonus with a different portal.
You’ll earn 500 bonus miles after spending $150 with Alaska’s shopping portal, or 1,000 miles after spending $300 or more. This is probably the best deal, since Alaska miles are worth more than both American and United at 1.8 cents apiece according to TPG‘s valuations — meaning those 1,000 miles would be worth about $18. Alaska has great rates for redeeming miles on Cathay Pacific, Qantas or Japan Airlines premium cabins and it allows for free stopovers, letting you extend the value of your miles even more.
Since the bonus is on top of the miles you’d normally earn per dollar spent, you can really rack up the miles. For instance, Alaska is offering 6 miles per dollar spent with Macy’s.
So after spending $300 with the retailer, you’d end up with 2,800 miles — that’s more than $50 worth of miles!
If you’re a United flyer, its shopping portal is offering the same deal — earn 500 bonus miles after spending $150 or 1,000 bonus miles after spending $300 or more. TPG says 1,000 United miles are worth about $14. Great redemptions can be had with the carrier or any of its Star Alliance partners like Lufthansa or Singapore.
Finally, if you shop through the American Airlines shopping portal, you’ll earn 500 bonus miles after spending $150 or 1,000 miles after spending $300 or more. There are plenty of ways to use American miles, whether on the carrier itself or with a partner like Qatar or Iberia.
Use the Right Credit Card
When shopping online, you’ll want to make sure you use a credit card that has high earn rates on non-bonus spend. The Chase Freedom Unlimited, Capital One Venture Card and The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express are great options, but make sure to read our guide The Best Credit Cards for Everyday Spending to see which cards will maximize your returns for online purchases.The information for the Chase Freedom Unlimited card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured image of Qantas 787-9 business cabin by JT Genter / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees