Limited Time: Earn 1,000 Bonus Miles at 3 Different Airline Shopping Portals
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Even though the holidays are over, new lucrative shopping portal bonuses make bonus points and miles easy to come by.
Shopping portals dole out miles for purchases at hundreds of retailers. And as of Wednesday, three major airline portals have increased bonuses when shopping at any in-network store.
You can earn up to 1,000 bonus miles with Alaska, American and United after shopping through any of their portals. The best part is, these miles are in addition to the miles you’ll earn per dollar spent.
These promotions run through Jan. 10, and if you hit one bonus, you can take advantage of another bonus with a different portal.
You’ll earn 500 bonus miles after spending $150 with Alaska’s shopping portal, or 1,000 miles after spending $300 or more. This is probably the best deal, since Alaska miles are worth more than both American and United at 1.8 cents apiece according to TPG‘s valuations — meaning those 1,000 miles would be worth about $18. Alaska has great rates for redeeming miles on Cathay Pacific, Qantas or Japan Airlines premium cabins and it allows for free stopovers, letting you extend the value of your miles even more.
Since the bonus is on top of the miles you’d normally earn per dollar spent, you can really rack up the miles. For instance, Alaska is offering 6 miles per dollar spent with Macy’s.
So after spending $300 with the retailer, you’d end up with 2,800 miles — that’s more than $50 worth of miles!
If you’re a United flyer, its shopping portal is offering the same deal — earn 500 bonus miles after spending $150 or 1,000 bonus miles after spending $300 or more. TPG says 1,000 United miles are worth about $14. Great redemptions can be had with the carrier or any of its Star Alliance partners like Lufthansa or Singapore.
Finally, if you shop through the American Airlines shopping portal, you’ll earn 500 bonus miles after spending $150 or 1,000 miles after spending $300 or more. There are plenty of ways to use American miles, whether on the carrier itself or with a partner like Qatar or Iberia.
Use the Right Credit Card
When shopping online, you’ll want to make sure you use a credit card that has high earn rates on non-bonus spend. The Chase Freedom Unlimited, Capital One Venture Card and The Blue Business®️ Plus Credit Card from American Express are great options, but make sure to read our guide The Best Credit Cards for Everyday Spending to see which cards will maximize your returns for online purchases.The information for the Chase Freedom Unlimited card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured image of Qantas 787-9 business cabin by JT Genter / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.