How to Avoid Customs Fines, Common Highway Schemes in Spain, Amazon Prime Changes and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed this week.
International travelers, check out how to avoid a steep Customs and Border Protection Fine.
Amidst Air France-KLM ongoing employee, the airline group’s CEO resigned and the airlines’ shares at its lowest levels since April 2017.
Your friend borrowed your SPG Starpoints, but you want to be paid back in Hilton Honors points. Here’s a breakdown of how you pay someone back with points.
Traveling to Spain? Don’t fall for this Common Scheme
Everything you need to know about this common highway scam in Spain.
Take a look at Eric Rosen’s Japan Airlines experience. See why JAL remains one of his favorite ways to fly business class between the US and Asia.
The Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA) released a nationwide survey that revealed 70% of US flight attendants reported sexual harassment on the job.
In other news…
Amazon Prime Fee is going up
Amazon announced changes to the cost of Prime membership. Starting May 11, Amazon Prime will cost $119 for new users and prime renewals will go up to $119 starting June 16.
25% transfer bonus from Membership Rewards to Flying Blue
American Express is currently offering a 25% transfer bonus on Membership Rewards points transferred to Air France / KLM Flying Blue until June 15.
Disney had an airport
Did you know? Disney had its own airports, Lake Buena Vista Airport and Lake Buena Vista STOLport airport. The airport was used for smaller planes with “Short Takeoff and Landing” (STOL) capabilities.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees