This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed this week.
International travelers, check out how to avoid a steep Customs and Border Protection Fine.
Amidst Air France-KLM ongoing employee, the airline group’s CEO resigned and the airlines’ shares at its lowest levels since April 2017.
Your friend borrowed your SPG Starpoints, but you want to be paid back in Hilton Honors points. Here’s a breakdown of how you pay someone back with points.
Everything you need to know about this common highway scam in Spain.
Take a look at Eric Rosen’s Japan Airlines experience. See why JAL remains one of his favorite ways to fly business class between the US and Asia.
The Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA) released a nationwide survey that revealed 70% of US flight attendants reported sexual harassment on the job.
In other news…
Amazon Prime Fee is going up
Amazon announced changes to the cost of Prime membership. Starting May 11, Amazon Prime will cost $119 for new users and prime renewals will go up to $119 starting June 16.
25% transfer bonus from Membership Rewards to Flying Blue
American Express is currently offering a 25% transfer bonus on Membership Rewards points transferred to Air France / KLM Flying Blue until June 15.
Disney had an airport
Did you know? Disney had its own airports, Lake Buena Vista Airport and Lake Buena Vista STOLport airport. The airport was used for smaller planes with “Short Takeoff and Landing” (STOL) capabilities.
LIMITED TIME OFFER. Aside from the 100,000 points welcome bonus (available until 8/8/18), Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn up to 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 & an extra 50,000 points after you spend an additional $15,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer ends 8/8/18.†
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- You can also receive 35% points back on all First and Business class flights, with all airlines available through American Express Travel.
- You can enjoy access to The American Express Global Lounge Collection℠ offering access to the most lounges across the globe, when compared with other U.S. credit card offerings. As of 11/2017
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees