How to Avoid Customs Fines, Common Highway Schemes in Spain, Amazon Prime Changes and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed this week.
International travelers, check out how to avoid a steep Customs and Border Protection Fine.
Amidst Air France-KLM ongoing employee, the airline group’s CEO resigned and the airlines’ shares at its lowest levels since April 2017.
Your friend borrowed your SPG Starpoints, but you want to be paid back in Hilton Honors points. Here’s a breakdown of how you pay someone back with points.
Everything you need to know about this common highway scam in Spain.
Take a look at Eric Rosen’s Japan Airlines experience. See why JAL remains one of his favorite ways to fly business class between the US and Asia.
The Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA) released a nationwide survey that revealed 70% of US flight attendants reported sexual harassment on the job.
In other news…
Amazon Prime Fee is going up
Amazon announced changes to the cost of Prime membership. Starting May 11, Amazon Prime will cost $119 for new users and prime renewals will go up to $119 starting June 16.
25% transfer bonus from Membership Rewards to Flying Blue
American Express is currently offering a 25% transfer bonus on Membership Rewards points transferred to Air France / KLM Flying Blue until June 15.
Disney had an airport
Did you know? Disney had its own airports, Lake Buena Vista Airport and Lake Buena Vista STOLport airport. The airport was used for smaller planes with “Short Takeoff and Landing” (STOL) capabilities.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.