This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed this week.
International travelers, check out how to avoid a steep Customs and Border Protection Fine.
Amidst Air France-KLM ongoing employee, the airline group’s CEO resigned and the airlines’ shares at its lowest levels since April 2017.
Your friend borrowed your SPG Starpoints, but you want to be paid back in Hilton Honors points. Here’s a breakdown of how you pay someone back with points.
Everything you need to know about this common highway scam in Spain.
Take a look at Eric Rosen’s Japan Airlines experience. See why JAL remains one of his favorite ways to fly business class between the US and Asia.
The Association of Flight Attendants-CWA (AFA) released a nationwide survey that revealed 70% of US flight attendants reported sexual harassment on the job.
In other news…
Amazon Prime Fee is going up
Amazon announced changes to the cost of Prime membership. Starting May 11, Amazon Prime will cost $119 for new users and prime renewals will go up to $119 starting June 16.
25% transfer bonus from Membership Rewards to Flying Blue
American Express is currently offering a 25% transfer bonus on Membership Rewards points transferred to Air France / KLM Flying Blue until June 15.
Disney had an airport
Did you know? Disney had its own airports, Lake Buena Vista Airport and Lake Buena Vista STOLport airport. The airport was used for smaller planes with “Short Takeoff and Landing” (STOL) capabilities.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees