Southwest Updates Companion Pass Rules, Peanut Allergies in the Air, Flying on the Houston Express and More
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Each Saturday, we round up news stories that you might have missed from the week before, including several that already appeared on The Points Guy and some more that we haven’t covered yet. If you’re an avid TPG reader, scroll down for the new stuff. Here’s the top miles, points and travel news you might have missed this week.
Experts say that people with peanut allergies can actually fly safely with minimal precaution and without having to alert crew beforehand.
Southwest announced changes to its co-branded credit cards with Chase making it harder for passengers to earn the companion pass.
The Houston Express is an #AvGeeks dream that connects Houston to Angola — read about one of the final flights for this route.
Check out the monthly valuations for April here.
These boxes popping up at airports around the country are billed as, “Your private office, whenever you need it.” Read the article on for details on the Jabbrrbox.
TPG was at Embraer’s headquarters in São José dos Campos, Brazil, on Wednesday morning for the arrival of the first E190-E2.
Take a look at the interior of the world’s first E2 jet.
In other news…
Earn 2 Extra MR Points with Amex Express Checkout at Newegg, Staples, Walmart and More
Take a look here to see how to get 2 extra Membership Reward points with Amex Express checkout at these select retailers.
Obnoxious passenger shamed back to coach after helping herself to ‘upgrade’
Watch a video of a passenger attempt to self-upgrade to business class three times.
Can NASA’s X-plane resurrect supersonic passenger air travel?
NASA’s newest project is a piloted plane that’s designed to produce sonic booms that would barely be audible from the ground. Read here for full details on the supersonic plane.
Featured image by TPG‘s Wallace Cotton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.