Ryanair Baggage Handler Caught Stealing From Luggage (Video)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A Ryanair passenger caught a baggage handler for the low-cost airline opening a piece of luggage and stealing out of it on Friday. Cell phone video shows the baggage worker opening a checked suitcase and swiping a red speaker that was inside.
The passenger who took the video alerted a Ryanair flight attendant of the handler’s transgression. Police were able to get the employee to confess and return the speaker to its rightful owner: a teenage passenger who was flying from Ibiza (IBZ) to Madrid (MAD) with his mother, who had given him the speaker as a recent birthday present, according to the Sun.
Reports say that the baggage employee had only been on the job for three days and was fired after airline officials saw the video.
Unfortunately, this isn’t the first time baggage handlers have sifted through passengers’ luggage looking for items to take. A Thai baggage handler was also caught on video last year rifling through passengers’ bags and taking items at Phuket Airport (HKT).
And a baggage handler for at Honolulu’s Airport (HNL) was caught on video by a passenger in May roughly throwing bags down a conveyor belt. Many more Ryanair passengers will need to check bags due to the airline’s new luggage rules, but the video is enough for any passenger — even those who have credit cards that offer free checked bags — to switch to carry-on luggage only.
Featured image by Manuel Queimadelos Alonso/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees