See Royal Air Maroc’s Sleek New 787-9 Dreamliner Interior
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week it was announced that Royal Air Maroc (RAM) would officially be joining the Oneworld Alliance, becoming the first Africa-based carrier to join the group that includes American Airlines, British Airways and Cathay Pacific.
Now the airline has unveiled interior shots of its new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. RAM will soon take delivery of its of first 787-9, a longer version of the 787-8 than it currently flies. It also will be decking out its four -9s in a special livery.
Most importantly, the airline appears to have given a huge upgrade to its current business class and will install reverse herringbone B/E Aerospace Diamond seats on the -9s, similar to those on American’s 777-200 and Air Canada’s 787-9. This means the -9 will have a 1-2-1 layout, and all seats will have direct aisle access. It’s –8 does have lie-flat seats, but they’re arranged in a 2-2-2 layout — so some passengers would have to climb over their seatmate if they wanted to move about the cabin. The airline revealed renderings of the aircraft business cabin on Instagram:
RAM also shared real pictures of the seat itself, saying the design was “inspired by our heritage (Amethyst and chevrons).”
The aircraft’s economy cabin will also heavily feature purple:
Once RAM is fully integrated into the Oneworld Alliance in mid-2020, you’ll be able to book flights on the carrier with American miles, British Airways Avios and Cathay Pacific’s Asia Miles among other Oneworld carrier’s loyalty programs. For now, you’ll have to book with Etihad Guest miles, which is transfer partners with Citi ThankYou and Amex Membership Rewards. Fortunately you can book business class seats on RAM through Etihad at a fantastic rate, with prices from the US to Africa from just 44,000 miles one-way. You can also use Iberia Avios to book award seats on RAM.
You can see all of the photos in Royal Air Maroc’s Instagram post:
Featured image courtesy of Royal Air Maroc / Instagram.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees