See Royal Air Maroc’s Sleek New 787-9 Dreamliner Interior
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Last week it was announced that Royal Air Maroc (RAM) would officially be joining the Oneworld Alliance, becoming the first Africa-based carrier to join the group that includes American Airlines, British Airways and Cathay Pacific.
Now the airline has unveiled interior shots of its new Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. RAM will soon take delivery of its of first 787-9, a longer version of the 787-8 than it currently flies. It also will be decking out its four -9s in a special livery.
Most importantly, the airline appears to have given a huge upgrade to its current business class and will install reverse herringbone B/E Aerospace Diamond seats on the -9s, similar to those on American’s 777-200 and Air Canada’s 787-9. This means the -9 will have a 1-2-1 layout, and all seats will have direct aisle access. It’s –8 does have lie-flat seats, but they’re arranged in a 2-2-2 layout — so some passengers would have to climb over their seatmate if they wanted to move about the cabin. The airline revealed renderings of the aircraft business cabin on Instagram:
RAM also shared real pictures of the seat itself, saying the design was “inspired by our heritage (Amethyst and chevrons).”
The aircraft’s economy cabin will also heavily feature purple:
Once RAM is fully integrated into the Oneworld Alliance in mid-2020, you’ll be able to book flights on the carrier with American miles, British Airways Avios and Cathay Pacific’s Asia Miles among other Oneworld carrier’s loyalty programs. For now, you’ll have to book with Etihad Guest miles, which is transfer partners with Citi ThankYou and Amex Membership Rewards. Fortunately you can book business class seats on RAM through Etihad at a fantastic rate, with prices from the US to Africa from just 44,000 miles one-way. You can also use Iberia Avios to book award seats on RAM.
You can see all of the photos in Royal Air Maroc’s Instagram post:
Featured image courtesy of Royal Air Maroc / Instagram.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.