You can now use your Hilton points to book the first LXR property in Asia
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton’s much-anticipated Roku Kyoto, part of the high-end LXR Hotels and Resorts brand, finally has an opening date: Sept. 16, 2021, as reported by One Mile at a Time.
Considered by the TPG team to be one of the most exciting hotel openings of 2021, this oasis of Zen near Kyoto, Japan, marks another significant opening for Hilton’s small but luxurious LXR brand. It will be the first LXR property in Asia and follows the brand’s U.S. debut with Oceana in Santa Monica, California. And at the end of June, Crockfords Las Vegas is scheduled to open at the new Resorts World Las Vegas complex.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Located outside the Kyoto city center at the base of the Takagamine Mountains, this property will have 114 rooms along with features like a tea lounge, a spa with a fitness center and sauna, a thermal hot spring pool and signature dining experiences.
Details about the property remain scant at this time, but according to the hotel’s site, it will have a “pavilion restaurant” with separate zones including a space to watch the chef cook in the live kitchen, a bar space with outdoor seating along the Tenjin River and a space for all-day dining.
As for the interior of the property, you can expect a 21st-century take on the region’s traditional simplicity and precise craftsmanship with an emphasis on technology that makes every guest’s stay more pleasant and seamless.
It will be part of the larger Shozan Resort, which boasts Michelin-starred restaurants, Japanese gardens and even more teahouses.
Room rates vary pretty dramatically, from about $750 to over $2,000 per night during the high season. This makes using points, especially if you’re traveling during the most popular times, a great deal. Rooms can be had for 95,000 Hilton Honors points per night. If you decide to use points for a stay, you’ll get your fifth night free and won’t have to pay any resort fees.
Additionally, the high cash rates and plentiful award availability make this property a great candidate for using any free-night certificates that you may have as a result of holding the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card. And, if you’re a cardmember, you receive automatic top-tier Diamond elite status, which entitles you to a set of valuable perks while on the property including free breakfast, room upgrades and more. The information for the Hilton Aspire Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured rendering courtesy of Hilton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees