You can now use your Hilton points to book the first LXR property in Asia
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Hilton’s much-anticipated Roku Kyoto, part of the high-end LXR Hotels and Resorts brand, finally has an opening date: Sept. 16, 2021, as reported by One Mile at a Time.
Considered by the TPG team to be one of the most exciting hotel openings of 2021, this oasis of Zen near Kyoto, Japan, marks another significant opening for Hilton’s small but luxurious LXR brand. It will be the first LXR property in Asia and follows the brand’s U.S. debut with Oceana in Santa Monica, California. And at the end of June, Crockfords Las Vegas is scheduled to open at the new Resorts World Las Vegas complex.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Located outside the Kyoto city center at the base of the Takagamine Mountains, this property will have 114 rooms along with features like a tea lounge, a spa with a fitness center and sauna, a thermal hot spring pool and signature dining experiences.
Details about the property remain scant at this time, but according to the hotel’s site, it will have a “pavilion restaurant” with separate zones including a space to watch the chef cook in the live kitchen, a bar space with outdoor seating along the Tenjin River and a space for all-day dining.
As for the interior of the property, you can expect a 21st-century take on the region’s traditional simplicity and precise craftsmanship with an emphasis on technology that makes every guest’s stay more pleasant and seamless.
It will be part of the larger Shozan Resort, which boasts Michelin-starred restaurants, Japanese gardens and even more teahouses.
Room rates vary pretty dramatically, from about $750 to over $2,000 per night during the high season. This makes using points, especially if you’re traveling during the most popular times, a great deal. Rooms can be had for 95,000 Hilton Honors points per night. If you decide to use points for a stay, you’ll get your fifth night free and won’t have to pay any resort fees.
Additionally, the high cash rates and plentiful award availability make this property a great candidate for using any free-night certificates that you may have as a result of holding the Hilton Honors American Express Aspire Card. And, if you’re a cardmember, you receive automatic top-tier Diamond elite status, which entitles you to a set of valuable perks while on the property including free breakfast, room upgrades and more. The information for the Hilton Aspire Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Featured rendering courtesy of Hilton.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.