Rock bottom Delta deals — Nonstop domestic awards from 2,500 miles one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta is back this week with another award sale featuring domestic routes starting at 10,000 miles round-trip in Main Cabin and as low as 5,000 miles round-trip in Basic Economy. On many of the discounted routes you can book one-way awards for half the price. The cheapest flights are available to/from Seattle, just like what we saw from Delta last month.
If you want to take advantage of the rock-bottom Basic Economy prices you won’t get to choose your seat in advance or make and changes to the ticket. However, you will get to bring a carry-on for free and having a Delta credit card can take the sting out of Basic Economy with perks like priority boarding. If you’re short on Delta miles you can transfer Amex Membership Rewards points instantly at a 1:1 ratio.
Routes: Routes served by Delta, see full list here
Cost: 5,000+ SkyMiles round-trip in basic economy
Dates: January – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Los Angeles to Seattle (SEA) for 2,500 SkyMiles + $5.60 one-way nonstop in basic economy:
San Diego to Seattle (SEA) for 2,500 SkyMiles + $5.60 round-trip nonstop in basic economy:
Seattle (SEA) to Bozeman for 2,500 SkyMiles + $5.60 round-trip nonstop in basic economy:
New York to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for 9,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop in basic economy:
Seattle to Aspen (MCO) for 10,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip in basic economy:
Los Angeles to New York (JFK) for 14,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop in basic economy:
Minneapolis to Fort Myers (RSW) for 14,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop in basic economy:
Portland, Oregon to Orlando (MCO) for 19,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip in basic economy:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to pay for the taxes/fees with a credit card that earns bonus points and comes with built-in travel insurance. Some card choices are: Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Here are the best credit cards for maximizing airline purchases.
Featured photo byDaniel Ross/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees