Rock bottom Delta deals — Nonstop domestic awards from 2,500 miles one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta is back this week with another award sale featuring domestic routes starting at 10,000 miles round-trip in Main Cabin and as low as 5,000 miles round-trip in Basic Economy. On many of the discounted routes you can book one-way awards for half the price. The cheapest flights are available to/from Seattle, just like what we saw from Delta last month.
If you want to take advantage of the rock-bottom Basic Economy prices you won’t get to choose your seat in advance or make and changes to the ticket. However, you will get to bring a carry-on for free and having a Delta credit card can take the sting out of Basic Economy with perks like priority boarding. If you’re short on Delta miles you can transfer Amex Membership Rewards points instantly at a 1:1 ratio.
Routes: Routes served by Delta, see full list here
Cost: 5,000+ SkyMiles round-trip in basic economy
Dates: January – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Los Angeles to Seattle (SEA) for 2,500 SkyMiles + $5.60 one-way nonstop in basic economy:
San Diego to Seattle (SEA) for 2,500 SkyMiles + $5.60 round-trip nonstop in basic economy:
Seattle (SEA) to Bozeman for 2,500 SkyMiles + $5.60 round-trip nonstop in basic economy:
New York to Fort Lauderdale (FLL) for 9,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop in basic economy:
Seattle to Aspen (MCO) for 10,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip in basic economy:
Los Angeles to New York (JFK) for 14,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop in basic economy:
Minneapolis to Fort Myers (RSW) for 14,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip nonstop in basic economy:
Portland, Oregon to Orlando (MCO) for 19,000 SkyMiles + $11.20 round-trip in basic economy:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to pay for the taxes/fees with a credit card that earns bonus points and comes with built-in travel insurance. Some card choices are: Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel). Here are the best credit cards for maximizing airline purchases.
Featured photo byDaniel Ross/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 100,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $2,000
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber Cash annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 100,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on the Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Plus, earn 10x points on eligible purchases on the Card at restaurants worldwide and when you Shop Small in the U.S., on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year and earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- $200 Hotel Credit: Get $200 back in statement credits each year on prepaid Fine Hotels + Resorts® or The Hotel Collection bookings with American Express Travel when you pay with your Platinum Card®.
- $240 Digital Entertainment Credit: Get up to $20 in statement credits each month when you pay for eligible purchases with the Platinum Card® at your choice of one or more of the following providers: Peacock, Audible, SiriusXM, and The New York Times. Enrollment required.
- $155 Walmart+ Credit: Cover the cost of a $12.95 monthly Walmart+ membership with a statement credit after you pay for Walmart+ each month with your Platinum Card. Cost includes $12.95 plus applicable local sales tax.
- American Express has expanded The Centurion® Network to include 40+ Centurion Lounge and Studio locations worldwide. Now there are even more places your Platinum Card® can get you complimentary entry and exclusive perks.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit: Get up to $200 in statement credits per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one select qualifying airline.
- $200 Uber Cash: Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member only.
- $300 Equinox Credit: Get up to $25 back each month on select Equinox memberships when you pay with your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $179 CLEAR® Credit: Use your Card and get up to $179 back per year on your CLEAR® membership.
- $695 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees