Reservations Are Now Open for ANA A380 Service to Honolulu
Booking for All Nippon Airways’ A380 service between Honolulu (HNL) and Tokyo’s Narita airport (NRT) just opened on Thursday.
Starting May 24, ANA will launch the highly anticipated route. Its new A380s will feature a first-class cabin and business class, as well as ANA COUCHii in Economy class, a product similar to Air New Zealand’s Sky Couch.
ANA has been widely promoting the new A380 service. The route’s aircraft will even be decked out in special liveries. The first of the planes to operate the route rolled out of the paint booth just a few weeks ago in its Honu livery. There will eventually be a total of three A380s, each featuring a different version of the Honu livery; Hawaiian Sky (Blue), Hawaiian Ocean (Green) and Hawaiian Sunset (Orange).
May 24-June 30: Tuesday, Friday and Sunday departing at 8:10pm
July 1: Daily flight with two flights on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday departing at 8:10pm and 9:35pm
May 24-June 30: Tuesday, Friday and Sunday departing at 11:20am
July 1: Daily flights with two flights on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday departing at 11:20am and 12:45pm
Classes of Service
The double-decker plane will feature four classes of service to carry a total of 520 passengers. For the first time, ANA will be offering a first-class cabin on its service to HNL, with room for eight passengers in the front of the upper deck. The lie-flat seats will be in a 1-2-1 configuration and feature a raisable partition between passengers and a sliding door on the aisle side. Each seat will feature 32 inch LCD screens with plenty of power outlets and storage for passengers.
Business class will feature 56 fully lie-flat seats on the upper deck, also in a 1-2-1 configuration, so business class flyers will have direct aisle access as well. Center seats will offer a raisable partition between the paired seats. Passengers will have access to power outlets as well as an 18-inch touch screen monitor.
Premium economy will feature a total of 73 reclining seats in a 2-3-2 layout in the back of the upper deck. Passengers will have access to a 15.6-inch touch screen monitor and power outlets. The reclining seats feature 38 inches of pitch, leg and foot rests as well as a six-way adjustable headrest.
The remaining 383 seats will be economy class, which will fill the whole lower deck in a 3-4-3 configuration. The last six rows on the lower deck will be available for passengers to book the new ANA COUCHii. This allows passengers to turn their row of seats into a couch or bed by converting the seats.
Launch Promotions for ANA Mileage Club Members
ANA is offering a few deals for passengers to promote the launch of the new A380 service.
- Award availability for Premium and Economy for flights departing May 24 — July 11. Booking award seats is available between Jan. 10 and July 7.
- Win Your Miles Back: ANA will refund 100% of miles used on award tickets to one out of every 100 award tickets. The offer is good for award flights flown between May 24 and July 11. Passengers must first register to be eligible. You can register here.
Star Alliance Award Options
If you’re not a member of ANA’s Mileage Club but still want to book award travel onboard ANA’s new A380 we were able to find some sporadic availability with United ranging from 27.5K for Economy up to 85K for First Class for one way travel. Options were a bit more plentiful after the July 1 date when the second A380 is set to join the route, and the ANA Milage Club promotions have ended.
NRT to HNL
HNL to NRT
With the the A380 seemingly on it’s death bed with many other carriers, it will be interesting to see if ANA can make the route work with the beleaguered super jumbo. ANA has put a lot of time and capital into this new service. Only time will tellI if that was a wise investment on ANA’s part.
Featured Image by ANA.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.