Reservations Are Now Open for ANA A380 Service to Honolulu
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Booking for All Nippon Airways’ A380 service between Honolulu (HNL) and Tokyo’s Narita airport (NRT) just opened on Thursday.
Starting May 24, ANA will launch the highly anticipated route. Its new A380s will feature a first-class cabin and business class, as well as ANA COUCHii in Economy class, a product similar to Air New Zealand’s Sky Couch.
ANA has been widely promoting the new A380 service. The route’s aircraft will even be decked out in special liveries. The first of the planes to operate the route rolled out of the paint booth just a few weeks ago in its Honu livery. There will eventually be a total of three A380s, each featuring a different version of the Honu livery; Hawaiian Sky (Blue), Hawaiian Ocean (Green) and Hawaiian Sunset (Orange).
May 24-June 30: Tuesday, Friday and Sunday departing at 8:10pm
July 1: Daily flight with two flights on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday departing at 8:10pm and 9:35pm
May 24-June 30: Tuesday, Friday and Sunday departing at 11:20am
July 1: Daily flights with two flights on Tuesday, Friday and Sunday departing at 11:20am and 12:45pm
Classes of Service
The double-decker plane will feature four classes of service to carry a total of 520 passengers. For the first time, ANA will be offering a first-class cabin on its service to HNL, with room for eight passengers in the front of the upper deck. The lie-flat seats will be in a 1-2-1 configuration and feature a raisable partition between passengers and a sliding door on the aisle side. Each seat will feature 32 inch LCD screens with plenty of power outlets and storage for passengers.
Business class will feature 56 fully lie-flat seats on the upper deck, also in a 1-2-1 configuration, so business class flyers will have direct aisle access as well. Center seats will offer a raisable partition between the paired seats. Passengers will have access to power outlets as well as an 18-inch touch screen monitor.
Premium economy will feature a total of 73 reclining seats in a 2-3-2 layout in the back of the upper deck. Passengers will have access to a 15.6-inch touch screen monitor and power outlets. The reclining seats feature 38 inches of pitch, leg and foot rests as well as a six-way adjustable headrest.
The remaining 383 seats will be economy class, which will fill the whole lower deck in a 3-4-3 configuration. The last six rows on the lower deck will be available for passengers to book the new ANA COUCHii. This allows passengers to turn their row of seats into a couch or bed by converting the seats.
Launch Promotions for ANA Mileage Club Members
ANA is offering a few deals for passengers to promote the launch of the new A380 service.
- Award availability for Premium and Economy for flights departing May 24 — July 11. Booking award seats is available between Jan. 10 and July 7.
- Win Your Miles Back: ANA will refund 100% of miles used on award tickets to one out of every 100 award tickets. The offer is good for award flights flown between May 24 and July 11. Passengers must first register to be eligible. You can register here.
Star Alliance Award Options
If you’re not a member of ANA’s Mileage Club but still want to book award travel onboard ANA’s new A380 we were able to find some sporadic availability with United ranging from 27.5K for Economy up to 85K for First Class for one way travel. Options were a bit more plentiful after the July 1 date when the second A380 is set to join the route, and the ANA Milage Club promotions have ended.
NRT to HNL
HNL to NRT
With the the A380 seemingly on it’s death bed with many other carriers, it will be interesting to see if ANA can make the route work with the beleaguered super jumbo. ANA has put a lot of time and capital into this new service. Only time will tellI if that was a wise investment on ANA’s part.
Featured Image by ANA.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees