Enjoy Your Pre-Flight Business Meal in Renovated Air France New York-JFK Lounge
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Air France can fly from New York (JFK) to Paris (CDG) in less than seven hours. Throw in half an hour of announcements, an hourlong breakfast and a 75-minute dinner service, and you’re left with little more than a cat nap — not exactly ideal for waking up refreshed and eager to take on the day when landing in France.
In order to better serve premium cabin redeye customers who value sleep above all else, this week, Air France opened a “completely renovated dining area” in its New York-JFK lounge. Those who frequent the airport’s Terminal 1 may have noticed its temporary closure, and will no doubt welcome the news that its doors are back open.
While “Night Service” was available before the closure, it’s glitzier than ever in a “brand new setting, with a more convivial and contemporary feel.” In total, the area is equipped with “close to 34 tables for 2, a high table with 6 seats for dining opposite the runways and a round table seating 6.”
Moreover, Air France promises “a range of new attentions dedicated to its customers’ wellbeing,” beginning in February. We’re taking that to mean massages, spa treatments and haircuts, a few areas that Virgin Atlantic has down pat.
Night Service is purely brilliant. In anticipation of a business-class customer desiring time to sleep on the lie-flat they’ve purchased, those who visit the lounge ahead of their flight can “enjoy at no extra charge the same gourmet French meal in the airport lounge as the one served on board, with their meal served at their table.” That’s a full, bona fide meal “comprising a starter, hot dish, cheese, dessert and a wine and Champagnes list.”
If you find yourself inexplicably famished once reaching your seat, you’ll be able to eat again once on board even if you accept Night Service in the lounge. AF009 and AF011 are eligible for Night Service, which depart New York on a daily basis at 10:50pm and 9:30pm, respectively.
Of course, those who enter during the day can enjoy the new digs as well, and we’ve been informed that the lounge has rejoined the Priority Pass ranks. Additionally, the lounge is only accessible to La Première, Business and Flying Blue Platinum and Gold members. Technically, those with a Delta Sky Club membership can also access the lounge for the remainder of 2018, but effective Jan. 1, 2019, Delta Sky Club Members will no longer have access to partner lounges.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees