This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
When you’re flying in a premium cabin, chances are you’re heading to a lounge before you board the plane. Lounges available to premium travelers can be luxurious — from the dining to the drinks and the service. They can be a place to relax before a flight — not to mention the meal you’ll get there is oftentimes a much better option than what you’ll find on board — unless, of course, you’re traveling in The Residence with a personalized Thanksgiving dinner. So, when given the opportunity of a business-class meal in-flight or a meal in a luxurious lounge, the choice seems pretty clear.
Air France is now giving you that exact option. The carrier’s Night Service is a new dining experience for business-class customers to feast on the same business-class meal that they would be served on board — but in the carrier’s lounge at JFK instead of during the flight.
The thought behind Air France’s new service is to allow business-class passengers the time to sleep while they’re on board instead of having to wait up for meal service. If the passenger chooses to take advantage of the Night Service and becomes hungry again when they’re on board, they can eat again during the flight.
The new service is available exclusively for passengers departing from New York JFK airport as of this week, and only on the following departing flights:
- AF009 New York (JFK) 11:25pm Departure ⇒ Paris (CDG) 12:40pm (+1) Arrival
- AF011 New York (JFK) 9:45pm Departure ⇒ Paris (CDG) 11:10am (+1) Arrival
The best part? You don’t need to register to take advantage of this benefit! You’ll just need to head to the Air France lounge and request your meal that’s been sitting there, waiting for you the whole time.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.