This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Call it the swankiest cabin ever.
Luxury cruise line Regent Seven Seas Cruises has plans for a palatial owner’s suite for its next ship that will feature such over-the-top amenities as a hand-made mattress costing $200,000.
It’ll be “an unrivaled experience,” Regent president and CEO Jason Montague said of the two-bedroom, two-and-a-half bath complex that will sit atop the bridge of the soon-to-debut, 750-passenger Seven Seas Splendor.
Billed as the largest suite ever on a luxury ship, the sprawling Regent Suite will measure 4,443 square feet. That’s nearly twice the size of the average American home, and more than three times the size of Royal Caribbean’s Ultimate Family Suite.
Lined with exotic woods and marble, it’ll offer unobstructed, 270-degree views over the ship’s bow and come with its own private spa with a sauna, steam room and unlimited massages from a Canyon Ranch SpaClub therapist. Separate living and dining areas will be replete with pricey, handmade furnishings and art.
The centerpiece will be the master bedroom area, which will occupy a whole wing. Its king-size bed is currently being crafted by four artisans at the renowned Hästens workshop in Köping, Sweden. With a pinewood frame, steel springs and layers of flax, horsetail hair, and cotton and wool batting, Regent says it will be the most comfortable bed ever on a ship. (If it cost Regent $200,000, it better be the most comfortable mattress, well, ever.)
In the adjacent master bath, guests will find a walk-in shower with a floor-to-ceiling glass wall overlooking the ocean, and two heated relaxation loungers with equally spectacular ocean views.
Still, the best views of the ocean from the Regent Suite — even better than what the ship’s captain gets from the bridge — will be found at its forward-facing, glass-enclosed solarium, which comes with a fully stocked bar. Or, step outside onto the adjacent wraparound balcony, where you can watch the sunset from a custom-made Treesse minipool spa. Just don’t forget to grab an always-on-hand complimentary bottle of Veuve Clicquot first. Obviously.
The suite, of course, comes with an eye-popping price tag: $11,000 per night for two. But for that price, you’ll also get first class domestic flights to reach the ship, along with a personal car, driver and guide in every port. Other perks include a precruise concierge and a dedicated butler while on board. Not just any butler, but the head butler for the entire vessel.
Regent has long been known for creating some of the most spectacular suites at sea, including a similarly giant complex on its two-year-old Seven Seas Explorer. But Regent promises that the super-sized compound on Splendor will top them all.
Your first shot at booking this downright ostentatious suite is at least a year away. Scheduled to debut in Europe in February 2020, Seven Seas Splendor will initially head to the Americas for several winter cruises out of Miami, San Diego and New York City, before returning to Europe for the spring, summer and fall. European itineraries will include voyages to the French Riviera, Greek Islands, Iberian Peninsula and United Kingdom.
All photos courtesy of Regent Seven Seas Cruises.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
Aside from the 75,000 points welcome bonus, Amex recently made huge improvements to the Business Platinum Card, including the fact that you will now earn 50% more points on purchases of $5,000 or more, earn 5x on flights and eligible hotels at Amextravel.com and cardholders will receive a $200 airline fee credit each year.
- Welcome Offer: Earn up to 75,000 Membership Rewards® points.
- Earn 50,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $10,000 and an extra 25,000 points after you spend an additional $10,000 all on qualifying purchases within your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Get 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights and prepaid hotels on amextravel.com.
- Get 50% more Membership Rewards® points. That's 1.5 points per dollar, on each eligible purchase of $5,000 or more. You can get up to 1 million additional points per year.
- 35% Airline Bonus: Use Membership Rewards® Pay with Points for all or part of a flight with your selected qualifying airline, and you can get 35% of the points back, up to 500,000 bonus points per calendar year.
- Enroll to get up to $200 in statement credits annually by getting up to $100 semi-annually for U.S. purchases with Dell. Terms apply.
- Get one year of Platinum Global Access from WeWork. With this membership, you can access 300+ premium, inspiring workspaces in 75+ cities. To get this exclusive offer, enroll between 2/15/2019 and 12/31/2019.
- Terms Apply
- See Rates & Fees