Quick Points: Unlock a year of Lyft Pink and Grubhub+ with the Chase Sapphire Reserve
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Although we cover credit cards and their various benefits in depth on TPG every day, sometimes you just want a snippet of useful information that you can put into action on the fly. That’s why we recently launched our new series: Quick Points. Every week, we’ll highlight a new or easily forgotten tip that can help you travel more for less.
Often these are bits of information or advice that you can find elsewhere on the site, but that might have gotten buried amid flashier or more valuable perks. Today’s tip: A reminder that you can get both a complimentary Lyft Pink and Grubhub+ membership with your Chase Sapphire Reserve.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Chase and Lyft Pink
Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders, in particular, could start to earn 10 points per dollar on Lyft rides when using their card to pay through March 2022. They were also invited to activate a complimentary one-year Lyft Pink membership. Of course, shortly after this was announced in early-2020, the world got a bit “strange” and rideshare use likely wasn’t at the forefront of everyone’s mind.
For those who forgot or who simply aren’t familiar, Lyft Pink membership usually costs $19.99 per month, so this amounted to a benefit of around $240. At the launch of this partnership, Lyft Pink included benefits such as:
- 15% off rides
- Priority airport pickups
- Three free cancellations per month if you rebook within 15 minutes
- Waived lost and found fees
- Three free 30-minute bike or scooter rides per month
- Surprise offers and discounts
Given that membership was free, it was worth signing up whether you were a frequent Lyft rider or not.
Adding Grubhub+ to the mix
However, Lyft Pink recently became even more valuable when Lyft partnered with Grubhub to offer Pink members complimentary Grubhub+ membership. That usually costs $9.99 per month, essentially a 50% bonus on the value of Lyft Pink membership.
Grubhub+ includes benefits such as:
- Unlimited free delivery on orders of $12 or more from participating restaurants
- VIP customer service in case of delays or other issues
- Exclusive member perks
- Donate your change to charity and Grubhub matches it through Donate the Change
Because of Grubhub’s tie-up with Seamless — if you prefer that service — you can register for Seamless+ and its similar benefits instead. Regardless of who you sign up with, you can use Grubhub+ benefits in the Seamless app and vice-versa.
To enroll in Grubhub+ via a Lyft Pink membership, make sure you have a Grubhub account and that you are enrolled in Lyft Pink. Then log into the Lyft app and tap the menu bars at the top left of the app.
You should see a button for Lyft Pink, so click that. The next screen should say, “Explore your perks,” and one of the options should be “Free Grubub+ membership.” Tap the “Link accounts to activate” text below this option.
From there, you should be sent to an activation page where you will click on the “Activate” button and then be prompted to enter your email address linked to your Grubhub account. The app should send you a verification code via email, which you will enter on the next screen. From there, just click “Get Grubhub+ for free” and “Accept,” and voila!
Don’t forget about DashPass
This membership normally costs $19.99 per month and includes waived delivery fees on orders of $12 or more from participating merchants. Cardholders are also eligible for up to $60 in statement credits on DoorDash orders in 2021, so don’t leave this benefit on the table.
Related: Best credit cards for food delivery
One of the best ways to maximize credit card rewards and benefits is to stack them, and this is the perfect example.
Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders can enroll in Lyft Pink for free for a year. Then, they can leverage Lyft’s Grubhub partnership to register for free Grubhub+ service as long as their Lyft Pink membership is active. That’s nearly $30 in value each month, and potentially much more depending on how often you use the rideshare service or order food delivery.
Got any Quick Points of your own? Email us to share your own best tips.
Featured photo by Prostock-Studio/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees