This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways is bringing its incredibly popular Qsuite business class seat to another sector of its fleet.
Seatmaps show that the airline is set to introduce Qsuite on its 777-200LR next month. Starting June 2, Qatar will start flying its first Qsuite-equipped 777-200LR between Doha (DOH) and Houston (IAH).
Since there’s only one 777-200LR with the Qsuite cabin, the aircraft will operate every other day. On the opposite days the route will be serviced by a 777-300ER with Qatar’s old business class.
Qatar has been retrofitting its fleet, mainly its 777-300ERs, and the 777-200LRs are the next group to get the new and improved business class. The airline currently operates nine passenger 777-200LRs. You can find Qsuite on all A350-1000s and on select 777-300ERs and A350-900s.
Unfortunately there is some bad news: Qatar will be following the trend of other airlines to go 10-across in economy. It already announced it’d be retrofitting the 777-300ERs to feature a 3-4-3 configuration, and it’s doing the same with its 777-200LRs.
TPG Editor-at-Large Zach Honig says Qatar’s Qsuite is the best business class product in the world — and yes, Qsuite is bookable with miles. You can book flights from the US to Doha for 70,000 American miles one-way. Right now, the CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World Mastercard is offering a 70,000 mile sign-up bonus, just enough to get you a spot in the Qsuite cabin.
TPG reached out to Qatar but did not receive comment by the time of publication.
Featured image by Zach Honig.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards