Qatar Privilege Club Promo Puts You on a Fast Track to Elite Oneworld Status
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
‘Tis the season for year-end status promotions. Hot on the heels of Emirates’ latest promo is Qatar Airways, which has launched a mileage earning promotion that may have you thinking twice about your Middle Eastern carrier of choice. New Privilege Club members can sign up for an account and register for this promo in order to earn 10,000 bonus Qmiles in Premium Class or 5,000 bonus Qmiles in Economy Class upon your first flight.
To snag the bonus miles, you’ll need to register at qmiles.com by March 31, 2019, and use enrollment code AMEPC2018. Given how severely Qatar devalued its mileage currency earlier this year, the real perk of this promotion is the fast track option. If you earn 100 Qpoints on flights taken between Nov. 20, 2018, and May 31, 2019, you’ll be instantly upgraded to Silver; if you fly enough to earn 200 Qpoints, Gold status awaits. (Silver typically requires 150 Qpoints, while Gold demands 300 Qpoints.)
Even if you aren’t in a position to fly much on Qatar Airways, you can still earn Qpoints by flying on Oneworld partners like American Airlines, British Airways or Cathay Pacific and crediting your earnings to your Privilege Club account. If you’re unfamiliar with the program, Qatar provides a handy Qcalculator (yeah, that’s the actual name) to help you determine how many Qpoints you can earn for a flight you’re eying.
Given that Qatar is a Oneworld member, what’s apt to be more alluring here for US-based flyers is the matching Oneworld status. If you fly one or two business-class flights and earn Gold status with Qatar, that’ll be matched to Oneworld Sapphire. Even if you only grab Silver with Qatar, that nets you Oneworld Ruby.
Oneworld Sapphire status will net you benefits across its 13 member airlines like priority check-in and standby, extra baggage allowance, access to preferred or pre-reserved seating and access to more than 650 airport lounges (with one guest) when traveling internationally.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees