Qatar Privilege Club Promo Puts You on a Fast Track to Elite Oneworld Status
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
‘Tis the season for year-end status promotions. Hot on the heels of Emirates’ latest promo is Qatar Airways, which has launched a mileage earning promotion that may have you thinking twice about your Middle Eastern carrier of choice. New Privilege Club members can sign up for an account and register for this promo in order to earn 10,000 bonus Qmiles in Premium Class or 5,000 bonus Qmiles in Economy Class upon your first flight.
To snag the bonus miles, you’ll need to register at qmiles.com by March 31, 2019, and use enrollment code AMEPC2018. Given how severely Qatar devalued its mileage currency earlier this year, the real perk of this promotion is the fast track option. If you earn 100 Qpoints on flights taken between Nov. 20, 2018, and May 31, 2019, you’ll be instantly upgraded to Silver; if you fly enough to earn 200 Qpoints, Gold status awaits. (Silver typically requires 150 Qpoints, while Gold demands 300 Qpoints.)
Even if you aren’t in a position to fly much on Qatar Airways, you can still earn Qpoints by flying on Oneworld partners like American Airlines, British Airways or Cathay Pacific and crediting your earnings to your Privilege Club account. If you’re unfamiliar with the program, Qatar provides a handy Qcalculator (yeah, that’s the actual name) to help you determine how many Qpoints you can earn for a flight you’re eying.
Given that Qatar is a Oneworld member, what’s apt to be more alluring here for US-based flyers is the matching Oneworld status. If you fly one or two business-class flights and earn Gold status with Qatar, that’ll be matched to Oneworld Sapphire. Even if you only grab Silver with Qatar, that nets you Oneworld Ruby.
Oneworld Sapphire status will net you benefits across its 13 member airlines like priority check-in and standby, extra baggage allowance, access to preferred or pre-reserved seating and access to more than 650 airport lounges (with one guest) when traveling internationally.
H/T: Doctor of Credit
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.