You Can Now Earn Emirates Skywards Gold Status With Just 1 Round-Trip Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s nothing quite as exciting as a promotion that hands out more miles for doing the same amount of work. We’ve seen Delta, Southwest and even Starbucks introduce variants of this tactic in 2018, and now Emirates is following suit. Emirates Skywards members, the loyalty program of Emirates and flydubai, can now achieve their next Emirates Skywards tier faster with an alluring double miles promotion.
The offer is valid for eligible tickets booked between Nov. 26 and Dec. 3, 2018 (both days inclusive) for travel on Emirates or flydubai flights between Nov. 26, 2018, and March 31, 2019. To get going, you’ll need to sign up for a Skywards account if you’ve yet to do so and register via the web or app. You must also choose ‘Flex’ or ‘Flex Plus’ fares when flying on Emirates and ‘Free to Change’ or ‘Business Basic’ fares when traveling on flydubai to be eligible to earn bonus Tier Miles.
Emirates Skywards offers four tiers of membership — Blue, Silver, Gold and Platinum — each with unique incremental benefits for members including dedicated check-in, priority boarding, lounge access, complimentary advanced seat selection and special Wi-Fi privileges.
As an example, a new Emirates Skywards Blue tier member completing a round-trip flight between London and Sydney, or New York and Johannesburg, on an Economy Class Flex or Flex Plus fare will be able to earn sufficient Tier Miles to upgrade to Silver tier through this offer. On a Business Class Flex or Flex Plus fare, the same member will earn enough Tier Miles to immediately achieve Skywards Gold tier.
Gold members enjoy complimentary access for themselves and one eligible guest at any Emirates Business Class Lounge in Dubai and at lounges throughout the Emirates network. For those who tend to spend a big chunk of time in Australia, that’s particularly good news. Gold Skywards members can access Qantas’ international business class lounges and Australian domestic Qantas Clubs, while Platinum members can access Emirates’ first class lounges in Dubai, Qantas’ first class lounges in Sydney and Melbourne, and Qantas’ domestic business class lounges across Australia.
Even if you don’t plan to fly Emirates or Qantas often, it may be worth reaching for status. Once achieved, you could use that to status match to a different airline that you do plan to fly regularly. Plus, it’s easier to justify an indulgent flight on one of Emirates’ world-class premium seats if you know that it’s launching you straight to top-tier status.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.