This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s nothing quite as exciting as a promotion that hands out more miles for doing the same amount of work. We’ve seen Delta, Southwest and even Starbucks introduce variants of this tactic in 2018, and now Emirates is following suit. Emirates Skywards members, the loyalty program of Emirates and flydubai, can now achieve their next Emirates Skywards tier faster with an alluring double miles promotion.
The offer is valid for eligible tickets booked between Nov. 26 and Dec. 3, 2018 (both days inclusive) for travel on Emirates or flydubai flights between Nov. 26, 2018, and March 31, 2019. To get going, you’ll need to sign up for a Skywards account if you’ve yet to do so and register via the web or app. You must also choose ‘Flex’ or ‘Flex Plus’ fares when flying on Emirates and ‘Free to Change’ or ‘Business Basic’ fares when traveling on flydubai to be eligible to earn bonus Tier Miles.
Emirates Skywards offers four tiers of membership — Blue, Silver, Gold and Platinum — each with unique incremental benefits for members including dedicated check-in, priority boarding, lounge access, complimentary advanced seat selection and special Wi-Fi privileges.
As an example, a new Emirates Skywards Blue tier member completing a round-trip flight between London and Sydney, or New York and Johannesburg, on an Economy Class Flex or Flex Plus fare will be able to earn sufficient Tier Miles to upgrade to Silver tier through this offer. On a Business Class Flex or Flex Plus fare, the same member will earn enough Tier Miles to immediately achieve Skywards Gold tier.
Gold members enjoy complimentary access for themselves and one eligible guest at any Emirates Business Class Lounge in Dubai and at lounges throughout the Emirates network. For those who tend to spend a big chunk of time in Australia, that’s particularly good news. Gold Skywards members can access Qantas’ international business class lounges and Australian domestic Qantas Clubs, while Platinum members can access Emirates’ first class lounges in Dubai, Qantas’ first class lounges in Sydney and Melbourne, and Qantas’ domestic business class lounges across Australia.
Even if you don’t plan to fly Emirates or Qantas often, it may be worth reaching for status. Once achieved, you could use that to status match to a different airline that you do plan to fly regularly. Plus, it’s easier to justify an indulgent flight on one of Emirates’ world-class premium seats if you know that it’s launching you straight to top-tier status.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees