This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s nothing quite as exciting as a promotion that hands out more miles for doing the same amount of work. We’ve seen Delta, Southwest and even Starbucks introduce variants of this tactic in 2018, and now Emirates is following suit. Emirates Skywards members, the loyalty program of Emirates and flydubai, can now achieve their next Emirates Skywards tier faster with an alluring double miles promotion.
The offer is valid for eligible tickets booked between Nov. 26 and Dec. 3, 2018 (both days inclusive) for travel on Emirates or flydubai flights between Nov. 26, 2018, and March 31, 2019. To get going, you’ll need to sign up for a Skywards account if you’ve yet to do so and register via the web or app. You must also choose ‘Flex’ or ‘Flex Plus’ fares when flying on Emirates and ‘Free to Change’ or ‘Business Basic’ fares when traveling on flydubai to be eligible to earn bonus Tier Miles.
Emirates Skywards offers four tiers of membership — Blue, Silver, Gold and Platinum — each with unique incremental benefits for members including dedicated check-in, priority boarding, lounge access, complimentary advanced seat selection and special Wi-Fi privileges.
As an example, a new Emirates Skywards Blue tier member completing a round-trip flight between London and Sydney, or New York and Johannesburg, on an Economy Class Flex or Flex Plus fare will be able to earn sufficient Tier Miles to upgrade to Silver tier through this offer. On a Business Class Flex or Flex Plus fare, the same member will earn enough Tier Miles to immediately achieve Skywards Gold tier.
Gold members enjoy complimentary access for themselves and one eligible guest at any Emirates Business Class Lounge in Dubai and at lounges throughout the Emirates network. For those who tend to spend a big chunk of time in Australia, that’s particularly good news. Gold Skywards members can access Qantas’ international business class lounges and Australian domestic Qantas Clubs, while Platinum members can access Emirates’ first class lounges in Dubai, Qantas’ first class lounges in Sydney and Melbourne, and Qantas’ domestic business class lounges across Australia.
Even if you don’t plan to fly Emirates or Qantas often, it may be worth reaching for status. Once achieved, you could use that to status match to a different airline that you do plan to fly regularly. Plus, it’s easier to justify an indulgent flight on one of Emirates’ world-class premium seats if you know that it’s launching you straight to top-tier status.
With some great bonus categories, the American Express Gold Card has a lot going for it. The card offers 4x points at US restaurants, at US supermarkets (up to $25,000; then 1x), and 3x points on flights booked directly with airlines or through amextravel.com. It is currently offering a welcome bonus of 35,000 bonus points after you spend $2,000 in the first three months.
- Earn 35,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $2,000 on eligible purchases with your new Card within the first 3 months.
- Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. restaurants. Earn 4X Membership Rewards® points at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X).
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com.
- Earn up to $10 in statement credits monthly when you pay with The Gold Card at Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Shake Shack, and Ruth's Chris Steak House. This is an annual savings of up to $120. Enrollment required.
- $100 Airline Fee Credit: up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year for incidental fees at one selected qualifying airline.
- Choose to carry a balance with interest on eligible charges of $100 or more.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- Annual Fee is $250.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees