You Can Now Earn Emirates Skywards Gold Status With Just 1 Round-Trip Flight
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
There’s nothing quite as exciting as a promotion that hands out more miles for doing the same amount of work. We’ve seen Delta, Southwest and even Starbucks introduce variants of this tactic in 2018, and now Emirates is following suit. Emirates Skywards members, the loyalty program of Emirates and flydubai, can now achieve their next Emirates Skywards tier faster with an alluring double miles promotion.
The offer is valid for eligible tickets booked between Nov. 26 and Dec. 3, 2018 (both days inclusive) for travel on Emirates or flydubai flights between Nov. 26, 2018, and March 31, 2019. To get going, you’ll need to sign up for a Skywards account if you’ve yet to do so and register via the web or app. You must also choose ‘Flex’ or ‘Flex Plus’ fares when flying on Emirates and ‘Free to Change’ or ‘Business Basic’ fares when traveling on flydubai to be eligible to earn bonus Tier Miles.
Emirates Skywards offers four tiers of membership — Blue, Silver, Gold and Platinum — each with unique incremental benefits for members including dedicated check-in, priority boarding, lounge access, complimentary advanced seat selection and special Wi-Fi privileges.
As an example, a new Emirates Skywards Blue tier member completing a round-trip flight between London and Sydney, or New York and Johannesburg, on an Economy Class Flex or Flex Plus fare will be able to earn sufficient Tier Miles to upgrade to Silver tier through this offer. On a Business Class Flex or Flex Plus fare, the same member will earn enough Tier Miles to immediately achieve Skywards Gold tier.
Gold members enjoy complimentary access for themselves and one eligible guest at any Emirates Business Class Lounge in Dubai and at lounges throughout the Emirates network. For those who tend to spend a big chunk of time in Australia, that’s particularly good news. Gold Skywards members can access Qantas’ international business class lounges and Australian domestic Qantas Clubs, while Platinum members can access Emirates’ first class lounges in Dubai, Qantas’ first class lounges in Sydney and Melbourne, and Qantas’ domestic business class lounges across Australia.
Even if you don’t plan to fly Emirates or Qantas often, it may be worth reaching for status. Once achieved, you could use that to status match to a different airline that you do plan to fly regularly. Plus, it’s easier to justify an indulgent flight on one of Emirates’ world-class premium seats if you know that it’s launching you straight to top-tier status.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees