Qatar Airways announces A350-1000 expansion to LAX
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways, winner of the Editors’ Choice award for “Best International Business-Class Product” for the second year in a row at the TPG Awards, has announced that it will be expanding its A350-1000 service in the U.S. to include flights to and from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) as well as expanded service from New York (JFK) starting on May 1, 2020.
Why is this big news? Because, as any AvGeek will tell you, the A350-1000 is Qatar’s ultramodern aircraft equipped with the luxurious Qsuite. Previously, the aircraft was only available on international routes and select routes out of New York (JFK).
Related: The ultimate guide to Qatar QSuite
The award-winning airline, which was the first to receive the A350-1000, launched its U.S. service on the New York to Doha route back in October 2018.
“We are excited by the addition of the world-class A350-1000 on our Los Angeles route, as well as its introduction to our second JFK route. Qatar Airways remains dedicated to advancing innovation and fuel efficiency to ensure unprecedented levels of comfort, service, and eco-friendly travel. Every passenger is important to us, and we are confident the A350-1000 will provide an onboard experience unlike any other,” said Qatar Airways Senior Vice President of the Americas, Eric Odone.
The A350-1000 offers 327 seats across two cabins — that breaks down to 46 Qsuite Business Class seats and 281 extra-wide 18-inch seats in economy. The unique thing about Qsuites compared to other business class seats is that they offer privacy panels that stow away, allowing passengers in adjoining seats to create their own private room.
The aircraft also offers LED mood lighting that mimics sunrise and sunset to help reduce the effects of jet lag. Not to mention, the fuselage is built in a way that allows the aircraft to burn less fuel, reducing its environmental impact.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.