Qatar Airways announces A350-1000 expansion to LAX
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Qatar Airways, winner of the Editors’ Choice award for “Best International Business-Class Product” for the second year in a row at the TPG Awards, has announced that it will be expanding its A350-1000 service in the U.S. to include flights to and from Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) as well as expanded service from New York (JFK) starting on May 1, 2020.
Why is this big news? Because, as any AvGeek will tell you, the A350-1000 is Qatar’s ultramodern aircraft equipped with the luxurious Qsuite. Previously, the aircraft was only available on international routes and select routes out of New York (JFK).
Related: The ultimate guide to Qatar QSuite
The award-winning airline, which was the first to receive the A350-1000, launched its U.S. service on the New York to Doha route back in October 2018.
“We are excited by the addition of the world-class A350-1000 on our Los Angeles route, as well as its introduction to our second JFK route. Qatar Airways remains dedicated to advancing innovation and fuel efficiency to ensure unprecedented levels of comfort, service, and eco-friendly travel. Every passenger is important to us, and we are confident the A350-1000 will provide an onboard experience unlike any other,” said Qatar Airways Senior Vice President of the Americas, Eric Odone.
The A350-1000 offers 327 seats across two cabins — that breaks down to 46 Qsuite Business Class seats and 281 extra-wide 18-inch seats in economy. The unique thing about Qsuites compared to other business class seats is that they offer privacy panels that stow away, allowing passengers in adjoining seats to create their own private room.
The aircraft also offers LED mood lighting that mimics sunrise and sunset to help reduce the effects of jet lag. Not to mention, the fuselage is built in a way that allows the aircraft to burn less fuel, reducing its environmental impact.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees