Here’s Your Chance to Travel Through LAX Like a Celebrity
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you didn’t know, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) has an uber-exclusive remote terminal just for the rich and famous, called The Private Suite at LAX. (Think Lufthansa First Class Terminal in Frankfurt, but with Etihad Residence Lounge privacy.) While still as exclusive as can be, The Private Suite just got a whole lot cheaper, and may not be just for those rich and famous anymore.
Let’s take a step back. A few months ago, United launched a new service, allowing its passengers to purchase discounted access to The Private Suite. However, only premium passengers on select routes were eligible, and it still cost more than $1,000 per person.
For the time being, United is expanding the service to all of its customers traveling through LAX, regardless of cabin, and is offering highly reduced rates for first-time visitors — $375 one-way or $700 round-trip for domestic flights; $500 or $950, respectively, for international. These rates include up to four travelers, so if you’re a family of four, you could theoretically skip the chronic congestion surrounding the main terminal area and get the VIP treatment for less than $100 per person.
Ordinarily The Private Suite charges $2,700 one-way for a domestic flight or $3,000 one-way for an international flight if you’re a member ($4,500 annually). If you’re not a member, the cost of entry jumps up to $3,500 or $4,000 for a domestic or international one-way flight, respectively.
The difference when booking through United is that instead of getting a completely private suite, you have access to a United-branded lounge. But don’t be fooled; the United lounge is basically just a double suite — not a United Club. In other words, you may share the suite with other United passengers, but you’ll still have access to all of the usual Private Suite amenities like a self-service bar, stocked food pantry and most notably, the private TSA checkpoint. You’ll also still be driven to your aircraft in a BMW 7-Series, though the ride may be shared.
“As you know, the service is far more expensive than United’s offer to its customers. United is subsidizing the entire cost for their passengers because they believe in the service, and want to give something great to their customers,” Joshua Gausman, co-founder and COO of The Private Suite, said in an email.
Facebook Live of TPG’s Experience at The Private Suite LAX
This is probably the cheapest way you’ll ever be able to experience The Private Suite at LAX, so if you want to cross it off your bucket list, now’s the time. To book, head to the members page on The Private Suite’s website, click “book the experience” and fill out your personal information. You’ll then be taken to a booking page to fill out your flight information. In the affiliate code box, enter UAP0818 for domestic flights or UAXP1808 for international. The discounted rates are valid for travel through March 1, 2019, and must be booked at least 48 hours prior to travel. If you’re booking the service for a layover, you must be going from one United flight to another.
All photos by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 125,000 Marriott Bonvoy Bonus Points after spending $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership. Offer expires 8/31/22.
- 6x points at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 4x points for purchases made at restaurants worldwide, at U.S. gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service providers and on U.S. purchases for shipping.
- 2x points on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 7% discount off standard rates for reservations of standard guest rooms at hotels that participate in the Marriott Bonvoy program when you book directly. Terms and Conditions Apply.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card renewal month. Plus, earn an additional Free Night Award after you spend $60K in purchases on your Card in a calendar year. Awards can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 35,000 Marriott Bonvoy points) at a participating hotel. Certain hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy Complimentary Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite Status with your Card.
- Terms apply.
- See Rates & Fees