Here’s Your Chance to Travel Through LAX Like a Celebrity
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
In case you didn’t know, Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) has an uber-exclusive remote terminal just for the rich and famous, called The Private Suite at LAX. (Think Lufthansa First Class Terminal in Frankfurt, but with Etihad Residence Lounge privacy.) While still as exclusive as can be, The Private Suite just got a whole lot cheaper, and may not be just for those rich and famous anymore.
Let’s take a step back. A few months ago, United launched a new service, allowing its passengers to purchase discounted access to The Private Suite. However, only premium passengers on select routes were eligible, and it still cost more than $1,000 per person.
For the time being, United is expanding the service to all of its customers traveling through LAX, regardless of cabin, and is offering highly reduced rates for first-time visitors — $375 one-way or $700 round-trip for domestic flights; $500 or $950, respectively, for international. These rates include up to four travelers, so if you’re a family of four, you could theoretically skip the chronic congestion surrounding the main terminal area and get the VIP treatment for less than $100 per person.
Ordinarily The Private Suite charges $2,700 one-way for a domestic flight or $3,000 one-way for an international flight if you’re a member ($4,500 annually). If you’re not a member, the cost of entry jumps up to $3,500 or $4,000 for a domestic or international one-way flight, respectively.
The difference when booking through United is that instead of getting a completely private suite, you have access to a United-branded lounge. But don’t be fooled; the United lounge is basically just a double suite — not a United Club. In other words, you may share the suite with other United passengers, but you’ll still have access to all of the usual Private Suite amenities like a self-service bar, stocked food pantry and most notably, the private TSA checkpoint. You’ll also still be driven to your aircraft in a BMW 7-Series, though the ride may be shared.
“As you know, the service is far more expensive than United’s offer to its customers. United is subsidizing the entire cost for their passengers because they believe in the service, and want to give something great to their customers,” Joshua Gausman, co-founder and COO of The Private Suite, said in an email.
Facebook Live of TPG’s Experience at The Private Suite LAX
This is probably the cheapest way you’ll ever be able to experience The Private Suite at LAX, so if you want to cross it off your bucket list, now’s the time. To book, head to the members page on The Private Suite’s website, click “book the experience” and fill out your personal information. You’ll then be taken to a booking page to fill out your flight information. In the affiliate code box, enter UAP0818 for domestic flights or UAXP1808 for international. The discounted rates are valid for travel through March 1, 2019, and must be booked at least 48 hours prior to travel. If you’re booking the service for a layover, you must be going from one United flight to another.
All photos by the author.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees