Pretty in Pink: United Testing Rosé In First Class This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Rosé drinkers will soon have an option when they fly domestic first-class on United Airlines.
Starting July 1, the carrier will begin “testing” rosé wine in the first-class cabin on its domestic flights out of its hub airports, according to a memo to flight attendants viewed by The Points Guy.
“This is part of a two-month test to see if rosé is popular with our customers and if we should add it to our wine offerings in the future,” the June 26 memo said. “During the test period, instead of boarding two bottles of white wine, we’ll board one bottle of the Three Thieves Rosé and one bottle of white wine.”
United says it will not make changes to the amount of red wine offered on its flights.
The test coincides perfectly with the summer travel season, so United travelers should keep an eye out for something pink on the wine list.
Featured image by Jens Kalaene/picture alliance via Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3 points per dollar on the first $150,000 in combined spending on travel, shipping purchases, internet, cable and phone services, and advertising purchases made with social media sites and search engines.
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $5,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Earn 3 points per $1 on the first $150,000 spent on travel and select business categories each account anniversary year
- Earn 1 point per $1 on all other purchases–with no limit to the amount you can earn
- Points are worth 25% more when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards
- Redeem points for travel, cash back, gift cards and more – your points don't expire as long as your account is open
- No foreign transaction fees
- Employee cards at no additional cost
- $95 Annual Fee