Pretty in Pink: United Testing Rosé In First Class This Summer
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Rosé drinkers will soon have an option when they fly domestic first-class on United Airlines.
Starting July 1, the carrier will begin “testing” rosé wine in the first-class cabin on its domestic flights out of its hub airports, according to a memo to flight attendants viewed by The Points Guy.
“This is part of a two-month test to see if rosé is popular with our customers and if we should add it to our wine offerings in the future,” the June 26 memo said. “During the test period, instead of boarding two bottles of white wine, we’ll board one bottle of the Three Thieves Rosé and one bottle of white wine.”
United says it will not make changes to the amount of red wine offered on its flights.
The test coincides perfectly with the summer travel season, so United travelers should keep an eye out for something pink on the wine list.
Featured image by Jens Kalaene/picture alliance via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.