You Can Go to a Rave This Summer at the Palace of Versailles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
France’s Château de Versailles will soon add another event of historic proportions to its repertoire.
The iconic royal retreat has seen the reign of several kings named Louis, had visits from the Pope, witnessed one very famous treaty and will soon host its very first electronic music rave, Versailles Electro. The event will take place on June 8, 2019 on the Terrasses du Château de Versailles. Tickets are already on sale and start at €22 (about $25 per person). VIP tickets, which include a seat in the special VIP area and a glass of Champagne, start at €60 (almost $78).
Hosted by Busy P (aka Pedro Winter), founder of Ed Banger Records and Daft Punk’s former manager, the party will feature some hip DJs that are well-known within the French electro music scene such as Breakbot x Irfane, Myd and So Me. The DJs will be spinning live at the foot of the famous Hall of Mirrors, setting the scene for what could turn out to be France’s craziest dance party ever throughout the palace’s extensive outdoor gardens.
The Château de Versailles often hosts classical music concerts, balls and other cultural events, but this is the first time the palace will venture into the festival space. Thanks to a variety of recent contemporary art exhibitions that have showcased original works throughout the palace and its gardens by famous artists like Hiroshi Sugimoto and Anish Kapoor, a younger, more on-trend crowd has started to flock to the regal grounds. The electronic music event will likely also bring in a more youthful type of visitor, adding to the 10 million tourists Versailles already sees each year.
Just an hour outside of Paris (a great destination to do on points), the Palace of Versailles is an easy day trip from the French capital. If festivals aren’t your forte, you can still visit Versailles as a regular tourist. Tickets start at €18 for adults.
Featured photo by Toucanwings/Wikipedia Commons.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees