You Can Go to a Rave This Summer at the Palace of Versailles
France’s Château de Versailles will soon add another event of historic proportions to its repertoire.
The iconic royal retreat has seen the reign of several kings named Louis, had visits from the Pope, witnessed one very famous treaty and will soon host its very first electronic music rave, Versailles Electro. The event will take place on June 8, 2019 on the Terrasses du Château de Versailles. Tickets are already on sale and start at €22 (about $25 per person). VIP tickets, which include a seat in the special VIP area and a glass of Champagne, start at €60 (almost $78).
Hosted by Busy P (aka Pedro Winter), founder of Ed Banger Records and Daft Punk’s former manager, the party will feature some hip DJs that are well-known within the French electro music scene such as Breakbot x Irfane, Myd and So Me. The DJs will be spinning live at the foot of the famous Hall of Mirrors, setting the scene for what could turn out to be France’s craziest dance party ever throughout the palace’s extensive outdoor gardens.
The Château de Versailles often hosts classical music concerts, balls and other cultural events, but this is the first time the palace will venture into the festival space. Thanks to a variety of recent contemporary art exhibitions that have showcased original works throughout the palace and its gardens by famous artists like Hiroshi Sugimoto and Anish Kapoor, a younger, more on-trend crowd has started to flock to the regal grounds. The electronic music event will likely also bring in a more youthful type of visitor, adding to the 10 million tourists Versailles already sees each year.
Just an hour outside of Paris (a great destination to do on points), the Palace of Versailles is an easy day trip from the French capital. If festivals aren’t your forte, you can still visit Versailles as a regular tourist. Tickets start at €18 for adults.
Featured photo by Toucanwings/Wikipedia Commons.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.