Donate $10 for the chance to win a 2-week RV rental
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
2020 has been the perfect year to hit the road for a number of reasons, and TPG staffers practice what we preach. Despite 2020’s challenges, many of us have found ways to continue seeing the world with families in a safe, responsible manner, from no-contact car rentals to socially distanced RV experiences.
If our adventures have sparked wanderlust in your soul or ignited curiosity about #thatRVlife, get excited: TPG has partnered with mobile camper rental company RVshare to give one lucky traveler a two-week RV rental. This prize comes with a bonus $500 credit toward incidental expenses along the way. You’ll also get a 30-minute meet-and-greet session with TPG founder Brian Kelly over Zoom, who will help you plan the most epic road trip of your life.
How can you win this prize valued at $10,500, you ask?
TPG is fundraising for our long-time partner PeaceJam, a nonprofit organization focused on developing youth leaders around the world. PeaceJam teens work with mentors and Nobel Peace Prize laureates to identify pressing social, political and environmental issues within their communities, and develop sustainable resolutions.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
PeaceJam is an organization near and dear to our hearts.
Since 2015, TPG has supported PeaceJam conferences in Guatemala, Ghana, South Africa and Liberia, as well as a number of scholarships for promising university students in each country.
This year, we invite you to join us! We believe the wise words of Nobel Peace Laureate Leymah Gbowee, who once said: “Put your hand together with someone else’s hand, and try to create a community that will be proud of you. You see, every great person from Mandela to Tutu, all of them started small. What are you going to do?”
We’ve partnered with donation platform Omaze to collect financial support for PeaceJam’s upcoming initiatives. Each donation between $10 to $49 earns you 10 entries per dollar toward the grand prize, while each donation over $50 earns you 20 entries per dollar:
- $10 gets you 100 entries
- $25 gets you 250 entries
- $50 gets you 1000 entries
- $100 gets you 2000 entries
The fundraising campaign ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on Nov. 19, 2020, and a winner will be chosen and announced shortly after. If you’d like to donate directly to PeaceJam, you can do so here.
So where would you like to visit in your state-of-the-art RV? The domestic U.S. is your oyster, and our national parks are beckoning you. These are the best national parks to visit this fall, and you won’t even have to dip into your stash of points when you bring your own home with you. Autumn foliage enthusiasts will love our month-by-month guide for the best sightings this season. Yellowstone National Park‘s Giantess geyser just erupted for the first time in six years, and Just keep in mind that a number of parks have implemented COVID-related measures, so check for the latest updates before you head out.
Even if you don’t win, you can still opt outside and enjoy RV life — and on a budget, at that. TPG’s Katie Genter, who recently purchased an RV with her husband after several positive experiences with renting, shares her tips and tricks for scoring the best deals on RV rentals — sometimes for as little as $1 a day.
Featured photo by Dmitry Naumov/Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees