Get free museum admission with the COVID-19 shot at this New York City vaccination site
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Everyone in the U.S. who is 16 or older is now eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine, and cities, counties and states are working hard to get the word out and encourage residents to get the shot.
And some locations are getting especially creative.
COVID-19 vaccines are already completely free, but many Americans might need an extra boost to go and get theirs done.
Naturally, New York City is on the case: The former COVID-19 epicenter is working with the American Museum of Natural History to offer complimentary admission to anyone who gets vaccinated on site.
People will receive a voucher that up to four guests can use to book a future visit to the museum. While New York, New Jersey and Connecticut residents can usually choose to pay what they want, admission typically runs $23 for adults, $18 for seniors and students, and $13 for children.
The museum site will begin vaccinating eligible New York City residents this Friday, April 23, and will be open Friday to Tuesday of each week, from 8 a.m. until 6 p.m.
As New York City councilmember Mark Levine noted in his tweet above, there are “tons” of available appointments at the moment. The site is also offering extra slots to New York City Housing Authority residents and staff and members of District Council 37, the city’s union representing employees working at the American Museum of Natural History and other New York City cultural institutions.
If you haven’t already booked your appointment for a COVID-19 vaccine, remember that, in many cases, travel will become far easier once your vaccination is complete, with vaccine passports unlocking entry to many cruise lines, select countries, tour operators and more. Being able to show proof of vaccination could even be your ticket to avoiding a battery of COVID-19 tests or lengthy quarantine requirements.
Featured photo courtesy of the American Museum of Natural History.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer ends 8/3/2022.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs up to two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide including takeout and delivery in the U.S., and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $80 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA PreCheck® after you apply through any Authorized Enrollment Provider. If approved for Global Entry, at no additional charge, you will receive access to TSA PreCheck.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees