Fly NYC to Colombia for 5,000 SkyMiles in late 2021, Delta One from 12,000 SkyMiles
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Planning a trip to Colombia later this year? If you have Delta Skymiles on hand, consider booking your tickets now.
TPG found one-way flights from New York-JFK to Bogota (BOG) — the country’s largest city — for just 5,000 SkyMiles in Comfort+. There’s wide-open award space on this route through the end of the year. Some flights are operated wholly by Delta, while others are operated by Aeromexico with connecting flights in Mexico City (MEX). Many dates have tickets at this price in standard economy, while others have Comfort+ award space too.
We’re also finding limited dates with low-cost first-class award space. Some of these flights are equipped with proper Delta One lie-flat first-class cabins.
It’s worth noting that Colombia is one of the few countries allowing American tourists during the pandemic. To avoid a 14-day quarantine, you must test negative for COVID-19 within 96 hours before your flight. You must upload your negative test result to CoronApp, the country’s new coronavirus tracing mobile app. That said, coronavirus is still a very real threat, so make sure to check Colombia’s COVID numbers before you depart. Additionally, you must test negative for COVID-19 72 hours (or less) before your return flight to the U.S. Otherwise, you will be denied boarding for your flight.
Let’s take a closer look at cheap Delta awards to Bogota (BOG).
Sign-up for the TPG daily newsletter to get points and miles coverage like this delivered to your inbox.
Delta awards from NYC to Bogota
As discussed in the intro, Delta is offering discounted tickets from New York-JFK to Bogota (BOG). We’re seeing widespread dates with one-way tickets pricing at just 5,000 SkyMiles one-way in Main Cabin economy and Comfort+.
Here’s a look at Comfort+ pricing in mid-August through early September:
Looking even later in the year, we’re finding similar pricing in late-September and October:
Some dates have excellent first-class pricing too. Many dates in July and August have tickets that cost just 12,000 SkyMiles one-way.
Some flights with low-cost first-class award space are routes through Mexico City (MEX), with the Mexico City to Bogota flight being operated by Aeromexico. That said, some return flights even have nonstop award space on Delta’s 767-300 aircraft that’s outfitted with lie-flat Delta One seats. This is an excellent opportunity to try Delta’s international business class product on the cheap.
Many flights from Bogota to New York have cheap Main Cabin, Comfort+ and first-class award space available as well. Here’s a look at return award pricing in July and August.
Note that round-trip itineraries are subject to roughly $80 in taxes and fees, though this may be higher if you book a flight through Mexico.
We are not seeing award space from other U.S. cities at this time.
This is an excellent deal for flights from the U.S. to Colombia. If you’re interested in taking one of these flights, book your tickets fast. Delta is known to offer cheap limited-time award tickets, so this deal could disappear at a moment’s notice. Thankfully, you can cancel your tickets for a full refund due to Delta’s new award redeposit policy.
Feature photo by Starcevic/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees