Norwegian Air adds more Europe flights from Chicago and Denver
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Norwegian Air is boosting its European links from Chicago and Denver next summer as it refocuses its transatlantic network on larger U.S. gateways.
In Chicago, the low-cost carrier will add flights between O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and both Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) and Rome (FCO), Norwegian said Tuesday. The Paris flights begin in May 1, with Norwegian offering up to five-weekly flights through Oct. 24. To Rome, Norwegian will fly up to four-weekly flights through Oct. 19.
Denver (DEN) will gain a new flight to Rome, which will operate seasonally from March 31 through Oct. 23. The route will operate up to three times a week.
“Rome and Paris are great additions to our growing presence in Chicago and Denver and we look forward to welcoming new and existing travelers onboard next summer,” Matthew Wood, senior vice-president of commercial at Norwegian, said in a statement.
Norwegian’s new routes from Chicago and Denver are the latest moves in a larger transatlantic route restructuring. The airline ended its service to Las Vegas (LAS), as well as all North American routes to Ireland, while adding new flights from Austin (AUS) and shuffling its ranks of seasonal and year-round routes.
With the additions announced Tuesday, Norwegian will serve four cities from Chicago — Barcelona, London, Paris and Rome — and three from Denver (London, Paris and Rome) next summer.
“The U.S. is now our largest and most important source market and we will continue to invest in expanding our network to offer more nonstop service to highly sought-after European destinations,” Wood said.
As part of that investment in its U.S. network, Norwegian and JetBlue Airways recently signed a letter of intent to implement an interline agreement. Such a tie-up would allow each carrier to sell connecting itineraries including flights on the other airline.
Norwegian will compete with American and United on both Chicago routes, as well as with Air France to Paris and Alitalia to Rome, according to Cirium schedule data. No other airlines fly between Denver and Rome.
Featured image courtesy of Denver International Airport.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees