Austin gets a nonstop flight to Paris on Norwegian
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Low-budget carrier Norwegian is adding nonstop service between Paris and Austin, the first connection to Paris for the fast-growing Texas airport.
The carrier will operate a Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner three times weekly beginning May 6, 2020, and twice-weekly starting September 25, 2020 from Charles de Gaulle (CDG) to AUS. The news was first reported by Routes Online.
The carrier already operates an Austin to London Gatwick (LGW) route that launched in 2018. The Paris route can be booked directly on Norwegian’s website, with fares hovering around $250 one-way and $470 round-trip.
The cheapest tickets are in the airline’s LowFare class, which includes very little aside from the actual flight and hand luggage. If you want more flexibility, you may want to consider booking a LowFare+ ticket, which includes advance seat selection, a free checked bag and onboard meals. You’ll pay to make changes to your ticket regardless of which fare class you book, unless you book a Flex or PremiumFlex ticket.
Norwegian’s 787-9, while not offering a true business class, does have a premium cabin, which looks and feels very much like premium economy does on a full-service airline and was reviewed favorably by our global news editor Emily Mcnutt. Seats are laid out 2-3-2 instead of 3-3-3 in economy, and offer 43 inches of legroom, a major improvement over the tight confines of regular coach seats.
This is the latest in major news from the airline in recent days. JetBlue and Norwegian last week announced plans to enter into a partnership that would allow them to sell connecting seats onto each other’s flights, as TPG’s Ben Mutzabaugh reported. The two carriers says they’ve signed a Letter of Intent for an interline agreement that would “allow customers to combine low fares in a convenient single booking for connecting flights between the Americas and Europe.”
Norwegian Air flies to over 150 destinations worldwide, several in the U.S., including New York (JFK), Newark (EWR) and Los Angeles (LAX).
Featured image by Benji Stawski/The Points Guy
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees