No More Free Breakfast at Hyatt Place If You Don’t Book Direct
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Earlier this year, Hyatt announced major changes coming to the Hyatt Place brand’s breakfast program starting November 1. And now, the time has come to for those changes to go into effect. The biggest hit comes to World of Hyatt members who book their stays via third-party sites such as Hotels.com, Expedia, etc. Hyatt Place guests who book stays via those sites, instead of directly with Hyatt — even if the travelers has top-tier Globalist status — will no longer be eligible for a free Hyatt Place breakfast starting tomorrow.
As TPG‘s Summer Hull originally reported back in June, this is a big devaluation and an over-complication of something that doesn’t need to be complicated. Free (and easy to access) breakfast matters tremendously to traveling families. Punishing loyal customers because they booked a stay via another booking channel is punitive and, in our view, somewhat ridiculous.
According to the latest information provided by Hyatt, this new version of Hyatt Place breakfast “will be complimentary for World of Hyatt members who book an Eligible Rate or a Points + Cash Rate, or who redeem a Free Night Award or Room Upgrade Award for stays starting November 1, 2018. Free breakfast will be extended to those staying in the same guestroom as the reservation holder, who must be a World of Hyatt member (maximum occupancy 4 guests) and who book an Eligible Rate.”
Non-members can of course enjoy the breakfast — for a fee, described only as “pricing based on market.” Or, these guests can sign up for the World of Hyatt loyalty program upon check-in to receive complimentary breakfast during the duration of that stay. Breakfast will also remain complimentary to guests who have booked a rate that has been negotiated with Hyatt Place hotels where breakfast is included (e.g., group rates and negotiated transient rates).
Consider yourself warned — the time has come to book directly with Hyatt, or say goodbye to included Hyatt Place breakfast.
Set your own sign-up bonus with the Discover it Miles card. Any rewards you earn in the first year will automatically be matched at the end of the year and you'll earn an unlimited 1.5 miles on all purchases with no annual fee.
- Unlimited Bonus: Discover will match all the Miles you've earned at the end of your first year, automatically. For example, if you earn 35,000 Miles, you get 70,000 Miles. That's $700 towards travel! The more you earn, the more you get.
- Earn unlimited 1.5x Miles for every dollar spent on all purchases - with no annual fee.
- No Blackout Dates. Simply pay for travel purchases like airlines, hotels, rental cars, and more with your Discover it® Miles card.
- Miles Pay You Back. Easily redeem Miles as a statement credit for travel purchases. Or get cash.
- Freeze your account in seconds with an on/off switch either on the mobile app or website to prevent new purchases, cash advances, and balance transfers.
- Get your free Credit Scorecard with your FICO® Credit Score, number of recent inquiries and more.
- Get an alert if we find your Social Security number on any of thousands of Dark Web sites.* Activate for free.
- Rates & Fees