Nine new gates coming to DFW, offering expanded presence to American
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) is getting a bit bigger.
The airport’s board approved a $140 million contract on Thursday, Aug. 5, for the construction of nine new gates in terminals A and C, an expansion project to add capacity to the massive airport. The action was first reported by Alan Scaia, a reporter at KRLD in Dallas.
Want more airline-specific news? Sign up for TPG’s free new biweekly Aviation newsletter!
The gates will primarily benefit American Airlines, which has its headquarters and largest hub at DFW. Earlier plans to build a sixth terminal at the airport were put on hold as the pandemic decimated travel demand around the U.S.
Even so, DFW has been in expansion mode in recent months, coinciding with a rebound of domestic and regional travel demand.
Recently, the airport began using four brand-new gates at Terminal D, its primary international terminal, as part of a $160 million improvement project.
The new Terminal D gates offer a preview of what to expect at the nine additional gates approved today, including tech-heavy facilities, large display screens and a wide variety of seating options.
Featured photo by David Slotnick/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees