Virgin Atlantic Will Unveil Its New Upper Class Seat on April 8
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
On the heels of British Airways’ unveiling of its new Club Suite business-class product, cross-town rival Virgin Atlantic is also preparing to make a similar announcement.
Monday, April 8, Virgin Atlantic will unveil the cabins on its soon-to-be-delivered Airbus A350-1000 aircraft. The event will come just three weeks to the day after British Airways unveiled the Club Suite on its also soon-to-be-delivered A350-1000s.
Virgin Atlantic expects to take delivery of the first of its 12 A350s on order later this year — all of which will be delivered with the new Upper Class seat. At this time, few details are available as to what the product will look like.
Australian Business Traveller reports that the new product won’t be installled on Virgin’s existing fleets of Airbus A330 or Boeing 787 aircraft. The A350s will take the place of Virgin’s fleet of aging Boeing 747-400s.
Virgin’s current Upper Class product is arranged in a 1-1-1 configuration on all of its aircraft, with the exception of the 747, which is arranged in a 1-1 configuration at the nose of the plane, and some of the A330s, which are arranged in 1-2-1. Among the biggest complaints of the Virgin Upper Class seat is that passengers are required to stand up in order for the seat to be converted to a bed.
British Airways’ unveiling of its new Club Suite product has set the bar high for new premium products in the UK. It remains to be seen just how the new Virgin Atlantic Upper Class seat will stack up to the BA version. But, in less than three weeks, we’ll have a better idea of which UK carrier’s product will reign supreme.
Featured image courtesy of Virgin Atlantic.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees