You’ll soon have 2 new, high-end lounge options while traveling domestically
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Primeclass Lounge network continues to grow across the country.
Within the last year, Primeclass has opened three new U.S. lounges — two at JFK and one in Palm Beach. And later this year, the network will open its fifth location in Birmingham, Alabama (BHM), followed sometime soon by San Diego, California (SAN).
When it opens in the fourth quarter of 2020, the Primeclass outpost in Birmingham will be the airport’s first lounge.
Located in Concourse B, the space will be accessible to all passengers flying through the state’s busiest airport. At 1,151 square feet, the lounge will only have seating for 56 people, which is roughly the same size as the PBI location.
Due to the small size, amenities here will be more limited. Expect to find an open buffet, full bar, workspaces and complimentary Wi-Fi.
The San Diego location will be much larger and have lots more on offer. At 11,713 square feet and with a maximum capacity of 194 passengers, overcrowding shouldn’t be an issue.
The lounge will be designed with a West Coast flare and feature an open buffet and bar. It’ll also feature a conference room, luggage room, private bathrooms and showers, kids’ zone, sleeping area and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Perhaps most excitingly, the lounge will have an 1,548 square foot on-site fitness center. The gym will be operated by Roam Fitness, which currently counts Baltimore, Maryland (BWI) as its sole location.
Though a lease hasn’t been executed for the San Diego location, Primeclass is already advertising the lounge as one of its future locations. However, it’s unclear when exactly this one will open.
Like the other Primeclass lounges, these locations plan to welcome members of Priority Pass, Dragon Pass, and Lounge Buddy, as well as those looking to purchase day passes. Fortunately, getting a free Priority Pass membership is as simple as holding the right credit card.
Overall, it’s great to see Primeclass expanding its network by 50%. I’m personally excited to see another airport get a gym, and can’t wait to check out the new locations.
Renderings provided by Birmingham and San Diego Airports.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees