You’ll soon have 2 new, high-end lounge options while traveling domestically
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Primeclass Lounge network continues to grow across the country.
Within the last year, Primeclass has opened three new U.S. lounges — two at JFK and one in Palm Beach. And later this year, the network will open its fifth location in Birmingham, Alabama (BHM), followed sometime soon by San Diego, California (SAN).
When it opens in the fourth quarter of 2020, the Primeclass outpost in Birmingham will be the airport’s first lounge.
Located in Concourse B, the space will be accessible to all passengers flying through the state’s busiest airport. At 1,151 square feet, the lounge will only have seating for 56 people, which is roughly the same size as the PBI location.
Due to the small size, amenities here will be more limited. Expect to find an open buffet, full bar, workspaces and complimentary Wi-Fi.
The San Diego location will be much larger and have lots more on offer. At 11,713 square feet and with a maximum capacity of 194 passengers, overcrowding shouldn’t be an issue.
The lounge will be designed with a West Coast flare and feature an open buffet and bar. It’ll also feature a conference room, luggage room, private bathrooms and showers, kids’ zone, sleeping area and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Perhaps most excitingly, the lounge will have an 1,548 square foot on-site fitness center. The gym will be operated by Roam Fitness, which currently counts Baltimore, Maryland (BWI) as its sole location.
Though a lease hasn’t been executed for the San Diego location, Primeclass is already advertising the lounge as one of its future locations. However, it’s unclear when exactly this one will open.
Like the other Primeclass lounges, these locations plan to welcome members of Priority Pass, Dragon Pass, and Lounge Buddy, as well as those looking to purchase day passes. Fortunately, getting a free Priority Pass membership is as simple as holding the right credit card.
Overall, it’s great to see Primeclass expanding its network by 50%. I’m personally excited to see another airport get a gym, and can’t wait to check out the new locations.
Renderings provided by Birmingham and San Diego Airports.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees