You’ll soon have 2 new, high-end lounge options while traveling domestically
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
The Primeclass Lounge network continues to grow across the country.
Within the last year, Primeclass has opened three new U.S. lounges — two at JFK and one in Palm Beach. And later this year, the network will open its fifth location in Birmingham, Alabama (BHM), followed sometime soon by San Diego, California (SAN).
When it opens in the fourth quarter of 2020, the Primeclass outpost in Birmingham will be the airport’s first lounge.
Located in Concourse B, the space will be accessible to all passengers flying through the state’s busiest airport. At 1,151 square feet, the lounge will only have seating for 56 people, which is roughly the same size as the PBI location.
Due to the small size, amenities here will be more limited. Expect to find an open buffet, full bar, workspaces and complimentary Wi-Fi.
The San Diego location will be much larger and have lots more on offer. At 11,713 square feet and with a maximum capacity of 194 passengers, overcrowding shouldn’t be an issue.
The lounge will be designed with a West Coast flare and feature an open buffet and bar. It’ll also feature a conference room, luggage room, private bathrooms and showers, kids’ zone, sleeping area and complimentary Wi-Fi.
Perhaps most excitingly, the lounge will have an 1,548 square foot on-site fitness center. The gym will be operated by Roam Fitness, which currently counts Baltimore, Maryland (BWI) as its sole location.
Though a lease hasn’t been executed for the San Diego location, Primeclass is already advertising the lounge as one of its future locations. However, it’s unclear when exactly this one will open.
Like the other Primeclass lounges, these locations plan to welcome members of Priority Pass, Dragon Pass, and Lounge Buddy, as well as those looking to purchase day passes. Fortunately, getting a free Priority Pass membership is as simple as holding the right credit card.
Overall, it’s great to see Primeclass expanding its network by 50%. I’m personally excited to see another airport get a gym, and can’t wait to check out the new locations.
Renderings provided by Birmingham and San Diego Airports.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.