Baltimore-Washington International Airport Now Has a Gym
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Passengers making their way through Baltimore-Washington International Airport (BWI) will no longer be able to use “a travel day” as an excuse to not hit the treadmill, and you have ROAM Fitness to thank — or blame — for it. The Oregon-based startup thinks airport gyms are “the next big thing,” and recently opened its first facility at BWI to prove it.
ROAM’s maiden gym is a 1,175 square-foot-space located between Concourses D and E — post-security, so that you can get your sweat on before your flight or during a long layover. The gym, which is open everyday from 5:00am until 10:00pm, features space for stretching, medicine balls, free weights and plenty of cardio equipment. There’s also Lululemon workout gear — including T-shirts, shorts, tank tops and sports bras — available for borrowing as part of your membership or for purchase, in case you forgot your own at home or just don’t want to get your clothes all sweaty before takeoff. “However, socks are on you,” warns ROAM’s website. “Please bring your own or purchase a pair from us.”
The best part? Every workout comes with a reserved 15-minute shower, which you’ll book at check-in, or if you’re an annual member, you can reserve up to 24 hours in advance online. Towel service and apothecary-like Malin+Goetz products are complimentary. And yes, you can visit the gym just for a hot shower.
Health-conscious travelers can gain access to ROAM’s sweat haven in one of three ways: by purchasing a $40 day pass — which doesn’t begin until you activate it onsite, so if you purchase it online and your flight gets cancelled, you can still use it whenever — or sign up for a monthly ($175) or annual ($600) membership, which, in the future,will give you access to all of ROAM’s facilities.
Though BWI is ROAM’s only current location, the company is looking to open at Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) later this year, and is eyeing more than two dozen of the world’s busiest airports for future outposts, so keep an eye out for a gym near you.
H/T: Condé Nast Traveler
Featured image courtesy of ROAM Fitness.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees