Car rental lovers rejoice: National extends popular One Two Free promotion through the end of the year
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
On April 15, National and Enterprise Rent-a-Car became the first two major rental companies to extend elite status through 2022. This means that those tiers expiring on Feb. 28, 2021, will now expire on Feb. 28, 2022.
The company previously announced that it would extend Enterprise Plus expiring points and said that Emerald Club program free days would not expire until the end of the year.
Related: Comparing car rental elite status
We highlighted these customer-friendly initiatives when the news was first announced, but for fans of the brand, one update was notably missing. Several TPG fans emailed us asking why the company didn’t extend the popular One Two Free promotion. At the time, Enterprise told TPG that it would not extend free days earned from the promotion slated to expire on June 15. The promo gave members an opportunity to score a free day after just two rentals — while still racking up rental credits at the usual rate.
Well, if you’re a National or Enterprise loyalist, listen up because I’ve got good news for you. National’s Emerald Club has extended the use of free days from the One Two Free promotion from June 15 until Dec. 31, 2020.
That’s not all of the great news, either.
Earned free days from Emerald Club will now be accepted at Enterprise Rent-A-Car neighborhood locations throughout the U.S. The company also says that Emerald Club members can now redeem their earned free days at any participating U.S. Enterprise Rent-A-Car location when they make reservations by Aug. 31, 2020, for pick up by Dec. 31, 2020, by calling 844-643-5085.
“While no one can predict the full duration of this unprecedented crisis, we know everyone will get back to life and on the road at their own speed,” said Randal Narike, the Executive Vice President of Global Mobility and Customer Experience said in a statement.
“That’s why it’s important for us to ensure our customers can access the rewards they’ve earned. We want them to know we appreciate their support and loyalty and when they’re ready, we’re ready and able to support them with clean and safe vehicles.”
The Enterprise Plus program has three elite status levels (aside from its base level): Silver, Gold and Platinum. Each elite tier will get you some decent perks like a free car upgrade per year. National has its own loyalty program: Emerald Club. As with the other programs, the base level is free to join and allows you to skip the counter. It also has two elite tiers, Emerald Club Executive and Emerald Club Executive Elite status.
Featured photo by Lou Armor/Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees